Our company manages a large portfolio of residential properties and is seeking an Estimator that can immediately add value to the organization and mesh with the dynamic, hardworking, and adaptable team that exists today. To be successful, you must be a quick learner, a quick thinker and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and satisfy our internal and external clients.
· Work closely with Asset Management, Design, Infrastructure, etc. to realize the design intent of various project types.
· Visit project sites and be able to interpret the design intent as it is affected by the actual condition existing at the site.
· Develop and prepare conceptual estimates from minimal plans and verbal descriptions of the design intent.
· Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades. Be technically savvy.
· Itemize specific scopes of work, assemble, distribute, and manage the contractor bidding process.
· Qualify and level contractors' proposals according to project specifics.
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
· Interact with clients, architects, engineers and Local Jurisdictions to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, permits, costs, etc.
Skills and Experience:
· A leader that assumes total responsibility for their work.
· A Team Player that works well with others.
· 4 Year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or 5+/- years of experience.
· Knowledge of current unit costs of various scopes of work.
· Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures, and market trends.
· Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
· Detailed oriented with the ability to focus on quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Proficient with software such as: On-Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
· Maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines.
· Excellent leadership, personable, communication, and written skills.
· Ability to interact, develop, and maintain a positive professional relationship with all levels of personnel.
· Meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
· Review estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuring quality and integrity.