Position: Financial Analyst
The Financial Analyst will work closely with all aspects of The Spectrum Companies including capital management, development, marketing and leasing teams to analyze existing and potential development and acquisition deals of office, multifamily and mixed-use assets.
- Prepare and update financial models using Excel and/or ARGUS for existing assets and prospective development and acquisition investments.
- Conduct and analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies.
- Track available supply, demand and competitors in various existing and targeted markets.
- Research and compile market trend, activity and competitor analysis data as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing and investment memoranda and financing materials for prospective developments and acquisitions
- Model various sensitivity analyses including sensitizing multiple leasing scenarios, capital costs, financing options, waterfall structures etc.
- Performing market research, competitive analysis and asset-specific opportunity assessments and adhering to strategic business plans for each property
- Prepare financial analysis to track historic portfolio and property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks.
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills.
- Strong computer literacy including fluency with ARGUS, Microsoft Excel and Word, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical problem-solving skills capable to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations.
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization and time management skills necessary to balance competing deadlines.
- Desire to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment and competency to work with all levels of management and personnel on critical projects.