Retail Operations Analyst
At Venterra, we own and manage 54 apartment communities in 12 major US cities that provide housing to over 27,000 residents. Founded in 2001, we now proudly manage 15,000 units and over 500 employees. We’ve grown into a company that is paving a new way in the industry, where our employees can make a difference, career growth is encouraged, and where we provide our residents an amazing living experience!
Venterra Realty is excited to offer a challenging opportunity working for a company that:
· Places great importance on not only the customer experience but also the employee experience.
· Commits to excellence in all areas. This is highlighted by outperforming all public Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) apartment peers on bottom line growth over the past 5 years.
· Is a recognized leader in organizational culture. In 2016 & 2017, Venterra was recognized as a “Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplace” by Great Place to Work Institute, and named a 2016 & 2017 “Best Place to Work” by Glassdoor.
· Has a history of success and rapid organizational growth.
· Is focused on developing our people. Over 75% of regional, corporate and executive positions have been filled through internal promotions.
Venterra is searching for an Retail Operations Analyst who will report to the Development and Retail Asset Manager. The individual will oversee the operations of a 100,000-square foot retail portfolio, involving a wide variety of activities including:
Review and creating a system for Physical and Digital Document Management.
Extracting and being knowledgeable of key lease provisions for all current retail tenants.
Tenant Relationship Management:
Serve as a primary point of contact for Tenant related issues including execution of Lease documents, completion of move-in checklist documentation, processing of tenant inquiries and coordination among internal team members to resolve issues courteous, professional, and timely manner.
Coordination with property brokers to complete the required documentation for tenant prospects, including review of such information including business plans, financial statements, and draft lease documents.
Property Management Support:
Responsible for delivering a high level of administrative support by conducting property inspections, ensure compliance with lease agreements for parking, signage, and operating business hours.
Preparation of tenant communication regarding occupancy and adherence to lease terms and conditions to preserve and protect property values.
Partnering with maintenance team on preventive maintenance and responding to tenant and property issues as they arise.
Overseeing collection related issues.
Assist with budgeting and tracking variances, coding invoices, and tracking financial performance of properties.
Running ad-hoc reports including Accounts Receivables, upcoming lease renewals, key term provisions, broker vendor and prospect contact lists, etc.
Serve as liaison between the retail tenants and the properties’ community managers to provide consistent communication
We are looking for people who:
· Have strong personal values and want to work for a values-based company.
· Are ambitious and hard working with exceptionally high personal standards.
· Have a passion for Customer Service.
· Love a rapidly changing and high growth environment.
· Are passionate about driving continuous improvements.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Want to make a difference.
Qualifications / Requirements
· BA in Finance, Business Administration, Real Estate or related field (advanced degree preferred).
· Thorough understanding of Retail Lease Terms & Conditions (from Landlord or Tenant perspective) is highly preferred.
· Experience in a banking or credit analysis environment for small businesses a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communications with comfort in interacting with On-Site Management, Maintenance, and Accounting departments.
· Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Mail Merge, working with PDF documents and forms, Digital and physical file organization, Overseeing Marketing Material, etc.)
· The Position will be located in Venterra’s Houston Corporate Office, but willing and able to travel when necessary.