Commercial Property Manager
Venterra Realty owns and manages 57 apartment communities in 12 major US cities which provides housing to over 27,000 residents. Founded in 2001, Venterra has completed over $4 billion in transactions, manages a current portfolio in excess of $1.5 billion, and has over 500 employees. At Venterra, we:
· Commit to excellence. This is highlighted by outperforming all public Multifamily Real Estate Investment Trust peers on bottom line growth consecutively for the past five years.
· Are a recognized leader in organizational culture. We have been recognized as a “Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplace”, by Great Place to Work Institute, and awarded a 2016 & 2017 “Best Place to Work”, on Glassdoor.
· We have a strong history of success and rapid organizational growth.
· Are focused on developing our people. More than 75% of our regional and National positions have been filled through internal promotions.
Venterra is searching for an experienced Commercial Property Manager to join our commercial division. Within our portfolio, we have have five mixed-use properties with apartments over and ground floor retail (of approximately 100,000 square feet). In coordination with the Asset Manager, the individual will play a key role in establishing the systems, processes and procedures for the day-to-day management of the retail portfolio.
- Review current process and procedures for retail portfolio management, recommend improvements and enhancements to current processes.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, leasing activity, and budget reports.
- Manage tenant accounts, ensure timely collection of rents, follow up on delinquent payments, and prepare monthly reports.
- Analysis and enforcement of retail lease agreements and governing documents.
- Administer tenant move-ins, prepare new lease abstracts, and coordinate final inspections upon move-out with regional management.
- Oversee tenant requests for work orders, including coordination of vendor estimates with regional management, providing proposals, submitting work orders, and invoicing tenants.
- Ensure all property and tenant files (digital and physical) are prepared and maintained in an orderly and logical manner
- Work closely with Asset Manager and internal departments to prepare and review annual property year-end expense reconciliations and budgets.
- Conduct regular inspections of the properties to ensure proper adherence to lease terms including signage, designated parking, common area maintenance and recommend improvements as necessary (monthly travel, as required).
- Prepare Tenant Notices & Communication, serve as contact for tenants, enforce collections of all past due charges and work closely with collection attorneys
- Complete annual and semi-annual CAM Reconciliation for NNN and Gross Leases
- Coordinate with site Management and Maintenance to keep vacancies in good condition for leasing, update marketing strategy and materials with property brokers.
- Coordination with property brokers to complete the required documentation for new prospects and review applications, business plans, and financial statements.
- Special projects related to optimizing retail operations including property signage, parking management and working with local municipalities.
- Minimum of three years of shopping center/retail/restaurant commercial real estate management experience, mixed-use retail under apartments preferred.
- BA in Finance, Business Administration, Real Estate or related field (advanced degrees or industry specific accreditations preferred).
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers.
- Delivering exceptional customer service, ability to work under pressure, and deadline oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), working knowledge of property management software.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work as a team and autonomously
- Ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
The Position will be located in Venterra’s Houston Corporate Office.
- Base Salary and performance bonus
- A robust package of Health (Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision), 401k matching and paid vacation benefits, among other things
- Educational Assistance / Reimbursement
- Opportunity to grow by:
Assuming full responsibility for Venterra’s retail operations
Assisting in Venterra’s multi-family land acquisition and development efforts