As UAA’s Development/Investment Analyst, you will be involved in all phases of the real estate development and asset management process and working directly with the principals of the company.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, analytical/numbers oriented meticulous, and proactive. Attention to detail and follow-through will be keys to success. The best candidate will be a person who proactively creates systems to increase organization and efficiency and ensure quality results. You must have an exceptional work ethic and commitment to excellence. Humility and the willingness to learn will allow you to grow successfully with the company.
Candidate will be responsible for assisting the development and executive teams in producing development and investment financial models. Primary responsibility includes helping underwrite and present investment opportunities to investors and lenders through extensive proforma modeling, preparing market analysis reports, demographic analysis, tracking potential sites and competing developments. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in supporting the analysis and preparation of companywide cashflows and investment strategies along with assisting our VP of Project Management with monthly bank draws and project accounting.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience with asset management of commercial/multi-family real estate. Responsibilities will be include carefully going through monthly property management reports and analyzing to optimize operations, developing a close working relationship with the management companies that oversee UAA properties, particularly with each onsite manager to support them either directly or through their Regional Property manager. Each quarter you will be creating and sending out investor reports for each asset as well as coordinating investor distributions in correlation with UAA principals and CPA.
UAA is a young, entrepreneurial and fast-growing company; we are a small team of passionate and hard-working professionals that operate at a high level. We work hard and play hard while keeping a healthy balance of personal/family at the forefront. The unmotivated (non-A Player) and risk-averse person need not apply. Compensation will be a base salary with generous discretionary bonus. Benefits currently include, health care, 401K retirement plan, and paid time off.
· Organize and systemize investment and development financial models;
· Complex administrative and organizational support;
· Conduct, compile and present market research and analysis;
· Learn UAA’s proprietary in-house project feasibility analysis and proforma system;
· Actively engaging with owners, brokers, equity partners, lenders, attorneys, and all other related internal departments and external consultants, as appropriate;
· Assist in the execution, reconciliation, and accounting of ongoing development projects;
· Preparation and management of development project budgets and development accounting;
· Market investigation of potential acquisitions, competitive properties and local market fundamentals;
· Review and analysis of preliminary investment information received for potential investments;
· Assist in preparing and presenting new investment, financing or disposition recommendations and updates on existing investments or portfolio status.
· Pitching in wherever and whenever needed to support your team mates and vendors.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
· 4-year college degree;
· Adept in MS Office (2013/2016) with advanced Excel skills;
· Experience with ARGUS Developer and Enterprise Financial Modeling Software;
· Experience managing multiple projects successfully through ongoing changing priorities;
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, stay organized, meet deadlines and work well under pressure; and
· Solid organizational, research and analytical skills.
· Experience in overseeing multiple commercial/multi-family assets
· Experience in producing investor reporting
Preference will be given to candidates who meet all the above qualifications, and have real estate analysis experience and/or have completed graduate level coursework in real estate.
Submit your resume and cover letter via email by replying to this posting. To be considered for this position, your cover letter must include all the following:
· Specific examples of how you share UAA’s values;
· Description of your current/last position with an explanation as to why you are leaving/left that position;
· Statement of your short and long-term career goals;
· Salary history (last 24 months).
Serious inquires only. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.