MIG Real Estate (“MIG”) is a private real estate investment firm located in Newport Beach, CA. MIG specializes in making direct acquisitions in “opportunistic” and “value-added” office, hotel, retail, industrial and multi-family properties located in the Western U.S., including Texas. MIG is currently seeking a qualified individual for our Property Analyst position. This individual will support the Company’s real estate acquisition, underwriting, financing and asset management efforts.
The person filling this position will report to senior management of the Multi-Family asset management team to assist in them in their management, monitoring and performance improvement of MIG’s current and to be acquired multi-family portfolio.
PRIMARY JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support Director and Senior Asset Manager of Multi Family in managing the existing multi-family portfolio and acquiring additional assets.
· Assist in developing portfolio standards and benchmarking on all value add programs for existing and proposed projects.
· Evaluate and track property performance against relevant benchmarks including MIG KPI’s.
· Prepare regular reports (weekly, monthly, bi-annually and annually) on leasing, financial and capital performance.
· Prepare and track capital plans and interior renovations and regularly monitor market comps capital and interior renovation programs.
· Assist in discovering, assessing and implementing new technologies that drive NOI.
· Assist in managing portfolio including project tours and regular project meetings.
· Conduct regular market surveys and tours to track and understand market conditions in target market areas and existing asset performance to market.
· Assist in preparation and review of annual project budgets and business plans.
· Conduct regular review/test of marketing/advertising channels for effectiveness and ROI.
· Monitor online presence including website, ORM, ILS, review sites, etc.
· Assist in supervision of various third party providers (property managers, construction managers, etc.) in adherence to contractual obligations.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
· Major in Real Estate, Finance, Mathematics or Economics
· Prior internship in commercial real estate preferred
· Knowledge of real estate financial modeling
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel including sorting/working with data, and querying data sources
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent computer and organizational skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
· Periodic travel to assets and target markets required
· Ability to be flexible with work hours to accommodate demands of transactions, closings, internal presentations / meetings, etc.