Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts smart, high performing individuals who value integrity, perseverance and team work. If working in a highly professional environment that rewards employees and values the balance between work and life resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for a Property Manager-Retail who will be responsible for property management operations on a national portfolio of retail properties in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards.
Specifically the Retail Property Manager will be responsible for:
- Coordinate all aspects of property management, including the development of effective relationships with tenants, supervision of vendors, general property maintenance, implementation capital improvements and financial reporting.
- Develop an in depth understanding of lease language and ability to comprehend and administer Landlord obligations under the lease and/or REAs.
- Manage repairs, maintenance, and site inspections.
- Coordinate all capital improvements, including management participation in punch list walk-through and follow-up.
- Master the use of Yardi, the company's system of record for lease administration and other systems that may become available. Ability to navigate/update the system for lease, work order and contract tracking.
- Develop a working knowledge of building systems, including roof systems, parking lots and mechanical.
- Processing of Accounts Payable.
- Effectively supervise contractors, vendors, and maintenance personnel.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins, including the preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with accounting.
- Provide property due diligence as needed by the acquisitions team, with ability to travel on short notice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university or five years related work experience.
- Real estate or property management emphasis required.
- Commercial retail property management experience preferred
General Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Yardi a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Manage difficult or emotional tenant situations, respond promptly to tenant needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Able to work within an approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, strive to increase productivity, and work quickly.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.