We're seeking candidates for the position of Development Manager in the San Francisco office to join us in working on our exciting mixed-use projects. The Development Manager will work on both the Pier 70 and 5M Project. Pier 70 represents the opportunity to transform a dilapidated former manufacturing facility into a premier waterfront district adjacent to the burgeoning Dogpatch neighborhood and, just south of UCSF's Mission Bay campus, the new Golden State Warriors multi-purpose arena. The 28-acre mixed use development will contain for-sale and rental housing, new creative and/or life sciences office space, arts and creative spaces, housing across a spectrum of affordability, local manufacturing and local retail, and creation of new waterfront parks. 5M is an arts- and community-oriented district planned at the 4 acres framed by Mission, Fifth, and Howard streets in downtown San Francisco. The project includes the development of a new office tower, new residential building, renovation of two existing buildings, and new public open spaces.
This is a great opportunity to join a unique real estate development company working on transformative projects with a talented and inspired local San Francisco team. The role provides exposure to a variety of aspects of the development process and project.
The Development Manager will report to the VP of Development and responsible for supporting the office development team, achieving all project requirements in relation to the office projects at 5M and Pier 70. This includes collaborating on the day-to-day administration of the vertical development of approx. 630,000 square feet of office product at the 5M project and 275,000 square feet at Pier 70. Both projects are at the beginning stages of design, offering an opportunity for the Development Manager to interface directly with the architect, interior design team, brokers, and other consultants from the start, as well as managing and coordinating with the project's Construction Management, Financing, Marketing, Leasing, and Management teams.
We are looking for someone to join our office that brings a positive attitude, enjoys collaborating as part of a team, learns quickly, takes initiative and proactively tackles new challenges and is willing to pitch in where needed. Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders, officials, consultants and community groups is imperative. Graduate degree preferred. See the attached position description.
- Participation in presentations to potential office tenants; negotiating terms and conditions with prospective tenants (LOIs, lease agreements), and working with the brokerage team.
- Manage and supervise the completion of the office tower project at 5M and office building at Pier 70 - opening & delivery of office space to future tenants, as well as the street level retail spaces and exterior open space(s).
- Manage the development of brand identity, marketing, website and other external collateral for each office project.
- Assist in implementation of design and planning documents; design management includes managing architectural and engineering teams and all third party consultants including detailed development schedules, timelines and cost estimates.
- Coordinating with retail tenant broker and retail management team for ground floor retail.
- Assist in day-to-day project management for building and open space design and development.
- Participate in project bidding negotiation, contractor section and contract negotiation.
- Manage implementation of Forest City responsibilities related to various development documents, such as the environmental impact report, development agreement, Disposition and Development Agreement and other agreements with various stakeholders.
- Manage the implementation of legal agreements, easements, and associated documentation.
- Assist and participate in project outreach and community engagement efforts, as well as implementation of the project's community benefits.
- Facilitate project budgeting and reporting obligations.
- Manage transaction document preparation and implementation; manage project compliance efforts.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in real estate development, architecture, business, economics, engineering, finance, law, real estate, urban planning, or related field
- 4+ years of direct real estate experience in office product type in a real estate development, land development, project management, architecture, planning, or construction role.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple components of a development project at any given time and at various stages of the development life cycle.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and articulately with contractors, consultants and third party managers on behalf of the partnership.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, forecasting techniques, budgeting, reporting and data analysis required.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, and preparing presentations for internal and external meetings.
- Strong business acumen with superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Ability to partner with a variety of team members across project functions and levels.
- Ability to read, understand, review, and organize construction plans and specifications.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines and budgets. Highly organized.
- Strong and relevant computers skills with experience in project management and scheduling software such as Microsoft Project.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace