Asset Manager – Multifamily
M-M Properties, Inc., an entrepreneurial, privately owned real estate investor and developer with assets in excess of $1.25 billion, is recruiting an Asset Manager to be based in Houston, Texas. The candidate must be a motivated, self-starter who is detail oriented and looking for an asset management/investment management position within the multifamily sector of the commercial real estate industry. The candidate will be exposed to a variety of projects related to the existing portfolio as well as supporting the business and expansion efforts of the company. The primary responsibilities will be to maximize the operating and financial performance of the assets through strategic and active day-to-day asset management of the portfolio, and due diligence support for new acquisition and development projects. The position offers an excellent opportunity for candidates with an asset management background to be directly involved in the real estate investment and development process, along with significant exposure to high-level employees within the company and to their partners.
- Oversight of third party property managers day-to-day operations of the properties
- Analyze and collaborate with team members and joint venture partners to develop strategies to maximize revenue, reduce expenses and capitalize on market dynamics
- Review monthly financials and monitor property performance
- Capital and operating budget synthesis and variance analysis
- Investment management including financial analysis, budgeting, reporting, and dispositions and financings
- Coordinate/oversee year-end valuation process with our capital partners
- Support and collaborate with senior investment personnel on analytical and transactional aspects for new developments and acquisitions, including due diligence, market research, and creation of investment committee materials
- Market research
Characteristics & Skills:
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical background, including financial analysis, and general research skills
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a fluid team environment under tight deadlines, with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to produce high- quality work product
- Knowledge of real estate valuation, accounting and financial statement analysis preferred
- Experience with financial modeling including producing cash flow models, IRR computations and discounted cash flow valuations is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel and Word) required; proficiency with PowerPoint a plus
- Experience in real estate acquisitions and/or development a plus
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree, preference for concentrations in Finance, Business, Economics, or Accounting
- Minimum of four years of asset or property management experience with at least three years of multifamily experience
Compensation will be based on the experience and capabilities of the candidate.
All inquiries and correspondence should be directed through SelectLeaders. Please included a cover letter, and your resume.