Job Purpose (Job Summary): The Associate will actively and systematically assist Asset Managers in the management and oversight of various real estate investments with the overall goal of optimizing asset values. While being primarily responsible for providing support and analysis for the preparation of the quarterly and annual property reports and budgets for a portfolio of assets, this role will also play a role in developing and executing property specific strategies, analyzing major leasing decisions and how they impact value, performing major feasibility studies and evaluating property level performance against relevant industry benchmarks. For select assets, this position will be directly responsible for the daily operations and client deliverables as directed by the Asset Manager.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
· Work with Asset Manager to create property level operational strategies and analyze major leases, capital projects or other investment factors impacting asset value.
· Prepare financial analysis to track historic portfolio and property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks.
· Coordinate the development of Annual Business Plans and Quarterly reports by assisting in the preparation of property operating and capital budgets and reviewing and approving on-going financial variance reporting.
· Communicate with third party property management and leasing personnel as well as insurance and real estate tax consultants and other third party providers as needed.
· Review lease submittal packages, evaluate prospective tenant businesses and credit worthiness, and perform other lease related financial analysis as needed.
· Collect, analyze and synthesize relevant market reports and other lease or transaction related data.
· Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for lease agreements or significant capital expenditure projects and coordinating the release of escrow accounts.
· Support enforcement of internal audit requirements with third party providers, and further ensure that such firms are conducting business in accordance with property management agreements.
· Assist in the review of valuation models (Argus and Excel) and take part in the acquisition and disposition process, overseeing the flow of due diligence information for select investments as needed.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
· 2 – 3 years of experience in the commercial and/or multi-family real estate industry (or business related activity) is required.
· Property level experience is a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
· Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills.
· Strong computer literacy including fluency with Argus, ProCalc, Microsoft Excel and Word, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to understand and interpret commercial lease agreements and language as well as present value concepts and financial terminology.
· Analytical problem solving skills capable to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations.
· Demonstrated prioritization, organization and time management skills necessary to balance competing deadlines.
· Desire to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment and competency to work with all levels of management and personnel on critical projects.
· Four year or equivalent undergraduate degree in Business or related field. Post graduate education a plus. A commitment to continued education in real estate will be encouraged.
· Some travel will be required for periodic asset management related property visits and select acquisition due diligence.
· This job requires periodic overtime.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.