As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Director of Construction to join our Operations Construction Team.
Success Academy’s commitment to world-class schooling goes beyond delivering high-quality instruction. It also requires operational excellence and the creation of safe, efficient, and aesthetically beautiful learning spaces for our scholars. With our rapid growth, Success Academy is seeking an experienced Director of Construction to lead our Construction team by overseeing high-profile, dynamic, fast-paced construction projects across our new and existing schools.
Working within our central “network” office, key responsibilities for our Director of Construction include:
- Provide end-to-end project management of multiple $50M+ ground up or major rehabilitation projects simultaneously to ensure timely and cost effective delivery;
- Oversee the sourcing of contractors and vendors through contract development, bid management, uniform administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements;
-Develop detailed project budgets using multiple cost estimating methods and value engineering principles to facilitate project approvals;
-Determine the scope of work and subsequent feasibility of all bids while negotiating the best value for labor and materials on internally managed projects;
-Prepare detailed project timelines and periodic reports documenting job status to senior leadership;
-Minimize construction capital expenditures by ensuring the scope, schedule, and budget of all construction activities meet the specified project objectives while constantly looking for innovative methods to lower costs without reducing quality;
-Address any problems or conflicts during the construction process, and create feasible alternatives to ensure work is completed on time and on budget;
- Obtain necessary facility approvals (certificate of occupancy, inspection, permits, etc.);
- Provide leadership and performance management to internal construction team members while building and maintaining successful partnerships with various internal and external stakeholders to achieve organizational objectives and ensuring that specific deliverables and performance standards are executed; and
- Overseeing all external consultants including but not limited to the Construction Manager, Owner’s Representative, Expediter, Engineers, and Architect of Record.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience in ground up or major rehabilitation projects ranging in size from 50,000 sf – 150,000 sf;
- Experience with all aspects of construction management projects, including Budgeting, Scheduling, Submittals, Change Orders and Closeout;
- Previous experience effectively leading an internal team, training and evaluating several project managers at various levels;
- Demonstrated high level of performance in project budgeting, contract negotiations and scheduling;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at various levels and hold parties accountable to organizational standards;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G-Suite products and project management software; and
- Analytical problem solving ability with extraordinary attention to detail.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
Apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/successacademy/cddcd9ed-65c4-4810-baff-f3b0b8305a55