Metropolitan Properties, a Boston based company, is currently seeking a Regional Manager to oversee a portfolio of multifamily communities in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. The Regional Manager will be based out of the Boston office. The Regional Manager is directly responsible for the oversight and all property management operations for an assigned portfolio of multifamily communities. Manages on-site Property Managers and staff, profitability, cost control and upholding quality standards to ensure resident and employee satisfaction. The position will also require close interface with senior management, as well as adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Recruit, train and monitor service-oriented, business-minded Property Managers
- Support the Property Managers as they manage on-site personnel and assist them in developing a thorough understanding of our business
- Explain, set, train and ensure adherence with policies, procedures and standards
- Develop strong marketing and customer service skills within on-site staff
- Anticipate market changes and make appropriate strategic adjustments
- Interact with our marketing consultants re: market conditions, position and strategy
- Conduct periodic site inspections of all areas of the assets in order to maintain optimum conditions relative to health, safety, risk management, curb appeal, customer service and company standards.
- Recommend capital improvements as needed
- Crisis intervention and management during site emergencies
- Interact with capital improvement projects
- Audit of records.
- Prepare operating budgets
- Review and approve budget variances
- Review and approve all expenditures
- Participate in cash management calls.
- Reviews weekly and monthly rent collections.
- Review monthly financial statements
- Review leasing and renewal activity on periodic basis
- Assists and fills in at community sites as needed.
- Prior residential property management experience is required with a minimum of five years as a Property Manager
- The ability to successfully handle multiple priorities
- Must have good problem solving and leadership skills
- Yardi and/or PayScan experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with external vendors and customers.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred)
- Reliable personal transportation
- The ability to be on call 24 hours per day, 365 days per year via cell phone
We offer competitive benefits to all of our employees.
- If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume for consideration.
- M/P/A is a drug free equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants must pass a drug screen and background check