Jair Lynch Real Estate Partners (“JL” or “Jair Lynch”) is a Washington, DC-based urban regeneration company that responsibly transforms urban markets into extraordinary places. The company is involved in real estate projects as an investor/developer as well as a real estate advisor/development manager to third party clients. Products include multifamily residential as either for-sale or rental, commercial, and retail mixed-use projects.
An Acquisitions Analyst at JL is responsible for assisting the Business Development team in sourcing sponsored investment projects including supporting the full range of JL investment decision-making and management. This requires a thorough understanding of the JL investment parameters, resource allocation, and cross-departmental leveraging. The Acquisitions Analyst, as part of the Business Development Team, will pursue sourcing of land, existing buildings, or equivalent with a plan for development (“Development Opportunities”), performing assets (“Asset Management Opportunities”), affordable housing projects (“Affordable Housing Opportunities”), or collectively “Opportunities”. All Opportunities must be based on a clear investment rationale and business plan, to be informed by the Acquisitions Analyst’s own understanding of investment strategies as well as effective use of the company and outside resources. In order to leverage relationships and connect to market dynamics the Acquisitions Analyst may also participate in disposition efforts and will use market knowledge to structure and successfully execute the most favorable terms.
The Acquisitions Analyst will be responsible for analysis of potential Opportunities including, but not limited to, market opportunity, financial analysis, product review, capital structuring, and product positioning (collectively, the “Investment Thesis”). The Acquisitions Analyst will assist the Business Development team in the initial project-level due diligence for potential opportunities, test the Investment Thesis, and assist in the development of the initial project-level business plan. The Acquisitions Analyst may also, as needed, support the team on project-related debt and equity transactions including, but not limited to, gathering market data, preparing investment-level briefing books, preparing presentations, and organizing tours with capital partners. The Acquisitions Analyst may be assigned to complete market research on the local market.
The Acquisitions Analyst will typically work on several Opportunities simultaneously and must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment; balancing competing priorities and multiple project assignments. The Acquisitions Analyst will report directly to the Acquisitions Manager.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and communication skills required.
• Must be attentive to detail, proactive, discreet, and dependable.
• Must be able to exercise good judgment, take initiative, function independently, and work in close cooperation with others.
• Must be able to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Must meet deadlines and consistently follow up on details.
• Must be a positive team player and demonstrate professional demeanor and attire, and communicate in a clear and polite manner in person and on the phone.
• Must exhibit excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and editing skills, and the ability to research information and compile it into a concise briefing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist the Business Development team to develop an Investment Thesis for various strategies, neighborhoods, and/or asset classes.
• Assist to underwrite potential Development, Asset Management, or Affordable Housing Opportunities to secure land and/or operating assets.
• Maintain market knowledge regarding lease rates, sales values, operating expenses, and capitalization rates for the various product types included in the organizations strategic business plan to support consideration of pipeline activity.
• Maintain comprehensive pipeline reports.
• Secure relevant, reliable market data to: (1) support underwriting and positioning of new opportunities and (2) defend assumptions in internal and external project review sessions.
• Provide market perspective and data as resource to Investment Managers in preparation of project business plans.
• Work with the Business Development team to prepare proposals and/or marketing materials as needed.
• Complete research on positioning projects against the competitive set and market trends.
• Facilitate flow of paperwork and information among project team members, customers, clients, vendors and investors including, but not be limited to, processing of project related invoicing/payments and/or disbursements, and managing formal documentation of meetings to include agendas/minutes and reports.
• Develop and manage acquisition proformas used to evaluate Opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to real estate (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction, finance, law, or economics).
• 1-5 years of previous experience in real estate, construction, finance, brokerage, development, or investment-related business.
• Experience with financial underwriting and modeling required.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project; Timberline, CAD, and Argus is a plus