The Manager, Business Development is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through closure of deals in an assigned territory. The Manager, Business Development develops and implements the agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals by expanding the customer base in a designated Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). The Manager, Business Development works with operations and sales support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values
Qualifications and/or Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling ABM’s engineering services in a designated MSA in the BNI Group. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the job functions of a Building Operating Engineer as well as the associated programs, technology and SOP’s
- Demonstrating full understanding of Facility Chiller Plant Operations, Contractor Management, Repair and Maintenance (R&M), Capital planning and expenditures, Mechanical Operations, Tenant Improvement (TI), Full tenant build-outs and renovations for Commercial Office and Residential Office Buildings
- Initiating and facilitating Cross Selling of all ABM’s services (Core and Technical) for new and existing clients educating them on our offerings and engaging the appropriate SME.
- Develops annual business plan in conjunction with the Vice President or SBDM, and detailing activities to follow during the fiscal year focusing on meeting or exceeding sales quota
- Maintains a complete understanding of pricing and proposal models
- Demonstrating the ability to carry on a business conversation with business owners/decision makers
- Maximizing all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from larger competitors
- Selling consultatively and making recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Developing a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking
- Assisting in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Creating and conducting effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and the solutions to their problems
- Assisting when requested, on customer retention activities including meetings, RFP preparation and submittals, and networking
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory including entering sales pipeline and sales activity into the company CRM system
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team. ABM_BNI_Manager, Business Development: RGC3-v3:FY17
Relationships and Roles:
- Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
Customers, Vice President or Regional Director-Sales, Regional Vice Presidents, Senior Vice President, Branch Managers, District Managers, Division and Corporate Support Managers, Directors and Vice Presidents
Vice President and/or SBDM, Senior Vice President of the region, Senior Vice President of Sales of the Division, Branch Managers and District Managers in the region