ACQUISITIONS AND DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
Silverstein Properties, a New York based owner and developer of residential, hospitality, and office properties, is seeking a Development and Acquisitions Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in addition to 2+ years of experience preferably within an investment bank, institutional real estate fund, or an institutionally backed sponsor.
The firm is comprised of exceptionally talented professionals who are dedicated to a common long term objective of developing and acquiring real estate that are highly profitable and improve communities. The analyst will work in the firm’s acquisitions and development group to acquire operating properties and execute development projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial models, projections, and analyses on prospective property acquisitions and development opportunities including market analysis, lease analysis, budget creation, project scope, and return on investment modeling.
- Produce deal evaluations for internal review and participate with principals in meetings to consider potential acquisition and development opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of acquisition proposals and offer letters.
- Research market data/demographics including interfacing with brokers to obtain comparable lease and sales information.
- Produce marketing materials and presentations to prospective institutional investors and lenders.
- Assist with due diligence and closing activities.
- Assist in formulating deal structures taking into account legal, financial, real estate, and investor/capital aspects of the transaction.
- Assist in preparation of internal presentations.
- Assist the development team in a variety of activities throughout project life cycles.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in real estate, finance, business, or accounting.
- 2+ years of professional experience working within an investment bank, institutional real estate fund, or an institutionally backed sponsor is preferred.
- Outstanding proficiency in creating complex financial models for real estate financial analysis using Excel, including knowledge of advanced Excel functions and ability to create joint venture waterfalls. Argus proficiency is preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills. Demonstrable understanding of financial statements, use of comparative data and financial forecasting is required.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment.
Position offers excellent benefits/work environment with highly competitive salary and bonus.
Only resumes sent through Select Leaders will be reviewed.
Background check required, including credit and reference check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disabilities or protected veteran status or any other legally protected basis, a to the extent permitted by law.