RDG Funds LLC (“RDG”) is a high-energy, fast-paced private equity real estate firm investing in value-add residential and commercial properties, development projects, and yield strategies in urban infill and core suburban locations. We are actively engaged in the development, acquisition, and ownership of value-add real estate primarily across the Chicagoland area and other select markets. Our portfolio of residential and commercial holdings/projects exceeds $70 million. We are looking for a high-capacity experienced Asset Manager to become a vital member of our team.
• Opportunity to execute investment business plans from start to finish, including setting and managing strategy as the assets evolve, overseeing capex and renovation projects, coordinating and evaluating on-site management, visiting the assets on a regular basis, monthly internal reporting, periodic disposition analysis, and managing the sale process once the business plan has been completed.
• The ideal candidate will work closely with the team to share ideas but will also work independently with minimal supervision to deliver results.
• The individual should be able to thrive in an environment that is highly entrepreneurial, both strategic and creative, and which requires strong skills in the areas of organizing, multitasking, prioritizing, timely decision-making, and communicating.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Develop annual operating budgets, shape the lease rollover schedule, build financial models to support investment decisions, and evaluate refinance and disposition options. Prepare operational reviews and then propose, implement, and monitor solutions for under-performing assets
• Evaluate performance relative to budget. Mitigate risk through line item review, dashboards, and early identification of demographic trends, political risk, insurance risk, environmental risk, etc.
• Complete monthly and annual reporting, prepare Investment Committee memos, and maintain waterfall distribution models. Synthesize weekly activity down to key decision points and situations needing attention from direct superior.
• Lead the communication between property management, leasing, and construction teams in order to accomplish business plan goals through transparency, teamwork, and accountability.
• Monitor common area and unit renovation projects alongside the construction team to produce scopes, ensure timely completion within budget, inspect completed work, review invoices, and secure waivers.
• Support property accounting by coding expense bookings and reconciling accounting reports to financial statements. Maintain records by promptly saving all documentation, reports, receipts, and notices within the company’s digital filing system.
• Visit assets periodically to evaluate physical condition, safety, market fundamentals, status in the market, and opportunities to re-position the asset. (Submarkets change and it is important to get out of the office to stay on top of the drivers and features that bring people to certain areas and properties.)
• Expand network by representing the company in a professional manner at key conferences and events. Participate in job-related training to grow expertise and bring new tools and best practices to the company
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team comprising local and remote colleagues. Instinctively good at prioritizing, managing time, staying organized, maintaining files, keeping a clean inbox, staying positive, and following up on a multitude of issues across multiple properties and management teams.
• Effective verbal communication skills are critical to the job. The successful candidate will be able to connect and work with people at all levels, including construction, property management, accounting, acquisitions, ownership, lenders, and investors.
• Effective and audience-tailored written communication skills come into play when corresponding with internal and external stakeholders, responding delicately and professionally to municipalities and lenders, and writing periodic reports, memos, and requests.
• Natural tendency to analyze data, look for trends, and uncover discrepancies.
• Excited to take charge of commercial and multifamily assets, create plans, run businesses, make decisions, negotiate contracts, improve processes, find new ideas, and make life better for both tenants and investors.
• The successful candidate will go above and beyond his/her job duties, pay close attention to details, double check to turn in accurate work, and take an interest in the best possible outcome for their assets.
• Must be flexible and goal-oriented to evaluate a host of solutions ranging in cost, effectiveness, and return on investment. Must be able to look around, ask around, search the web, and find what has worked for others.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player who is attracted to a small, collegial working environment and has the know-how to get things done.
• Proficiency in Adobe PDF and MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with asset management and property management software such as Yardi, PropertyWare, LRO, and CRM is a plus.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic track record.
• 2-3 years of relevant real estate experience. Strong preference for candidates who have experience with value-add properties and project renovations.
• Suitability for an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
• Unquestioned integrity.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Competitive base salary and bonus.
• Vacation time and holidays.
• Medical and dental insurance.
• 401 (k) with Employer Matching