About The Job:
A well established privately held real estate office in mid-town Manhattan is seeking a mature full-time Controller with commercial retail accounting experience. The Company owns and manages commercial retail properties in the Northeast and Puerto Rico.
- Oversee and manage accounting functions for the Company's real estate entities which include maintaining the books and records for 43 properties.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements for owner, joint venture partners and lenders on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis for all entities.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues, as required by management/ownership. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly cash flow statements and preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Prepare annual audit package for an entity requiring audited financial statements and liaise with auditors during the annual audit.
- Prepare annual tax work papers on an accrual basis for each entity to assist outside CPA firms in their preparation of all tax returns.
- Review staff accountant’s work for accuracy.
- Coordinate daily accounting issues with Treasurer.
- Maintain the Company’s accounting operating system and act as liaison with outside provider.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting along with CPA credentials.
- A minimum of 15+ years’ commercial retail accounting experience along with a strong working knowledge of federal and state income tax returns.
- Familiarity with IBS accounting system is a plus.
- Ability to operate independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Excel & Word mandatory.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail along with experience working at a small Company completing wide-range accounting related tasks.
Candidate will report directly to the CFO and work with the current Controller, whom is retiring, during the transition period. Our pleasant, well-equipped office is located steps from major subway lines. If you meet our requirements and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please forward a cover letter along with your resume listing your salary requirements (mandatory for consideration). This is a permanent, full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience and potential.