About Golden Gate Global
Golden Gate Global (GGG) is a real estate investment firm that channels direct foreign investment capital into public and/or private real estate development projects located in the United States that create jobs for the U.S. economy.
GGG operates via a US federal program called the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program that facilitates to raise direct foreign investment into the US. The intent of the EB-5 program is to encourage the flow of capital into the U.S. economy and to promote employment of U.S. workers. It is estimated that in 2015 and 2016 alone over $8 billion of foreign direct investment dollars were raised through the EB-5 program.
Recognized as a leading EB-5 Immigrant Investment Regional Center, GGG is a trusted partner in the EB-5 industry offering an investment platform at institutional quality standards. GGG is founded upon “client first” values, rigorous project selection criteria and exceptional professionalism in our service delivery. GGG is a dynamic, growing company, whose ownership and executive leadership have an unbeatable professional network throughout the State of California, U.S. and overseas. Currently, GGG manages 10 EB-5 funds with over $600 million in EB-5 funds raised, and is expanding its portfolio to finance additional projects in California.
Based in San Francisco, the Business Development Director, Investments (BD Director) will work with the Business Development Team and CIO to lead project development initiatives, assisting with underwriting and analysis of real estate investment projects, and the execution of capital investments into real estate development projects leveraging a variety of financing options that GGG has, from EB-5 financing to mezzanine financing, bridge loans and/or equity deals.
The ideal candidate would have structured finance experience to identify traditional and non-traditional capital sources best suited to the developer/institution’s needs and negotiate the most suitable terms possible. This individual will be involved in all stages of the investment process from tracking and pursuing new investment opportunities through deal structuring, execution, and monitoring. As part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial company, the candidate must be flexible, proactive and willing to support a variety of tasks, challenges and opportunities, as they arise.
The BD Director will report to the Managing Director, Operations.
- Lead new project development and diligence efforts
- Research and manage prospective real estate deal pipeline and EB-5 and other investment opportunities depending the need of the developer
- Understand the needs of developers, or other institutions with development goals, reach out and participate the new “pitch” meetings with potential real estate developer clients, and prepare pitch materials for new project partners
- Underwrite and analyze project suitability for EB-5 investment, including job creation potential, TEA qualification, capital structure, timing, etc.
- Work with potential real estate developer clients to help integrate EB-5, mezz. debt or preferred equity financing into their financial models
- Assist in the preparation of project development materials, proposals, letters, term sheets, etc.
- Conduct market research on real estate development projects and capital markets
- Lead and project manage the production of the investment offering and coordinate the work by service providers (including economists, transactional, securities and immigration attorneys) as well as project sponsors
EB-5 Program Execution
- Collect, review, and analyze due diligence material including pro forma models, entitlement and development documents, major agreements, feasibility studies, market data, and other project related information
- Conduct credit and investment analysis
- Perform site inspections and local area research
- Conduct market research and summarize project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and risks
- Assist with various aspects of implementing an EB-5 Program including reviewing and contributing to project business plans, economic analysis, loan/securities documents, and supporting evidence/documentation
- Prepare project summaries, investment highlights, and analysis for marketing and other uses by GGG and its partners.
- Track project performance, progress, and reporting requirements
- Review quarterly project reports with underwritten schedules and budgets
- Collect and monitor project financial statements and compliance with provisions and covenants in loan/investment agreements
- Assist with the collection of documentation and support for development expenditures related to job creation and I-829 filing requirements
- 5+ years of experience in real estate finance, structured finance brokerage, investment banking, and/or underwriting/valuation
- Experience underwriting residential, hotel, and land development projects
- Exceptional excel skills, and excellent PowerPoint and word skills
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to new clients and executive leadership
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities while maintain efficiency
Please submit the following application materials and information:
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position and your professional / educational experience