Our client, a NYC-based owner, operator, and developer, is seeking to hire a General Manager, or Senior Property Manager, for a Class “A” office building in New York City. The successful candidate will be an experienced manager of Class A commercial office properties in New York City with an interest in implementing best-in-class property management processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have approximately ten years of direct experience managing Class A commercial office properties, ideally in New York City. Because he or she will be the founding property manager for the newly redeveloped property, he or she should have a demonstrated track record in implementing best-inclass property management procedures. In addition, as the property is in the finishing stages of redevelopment, he or she will oversee the building during its final construction stages and initial tenant work. The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding problem-solving and interpersonal skills as well as flexibility and creativity in property management.
• Provide leadership and direction related to the day-to-day operations for assigned portfolio or property
including tenant relations, security, life safety, landscaping, operations & maintenance, capital
projects, and financial management.
• Develop the annual operating and capex budgets and implement the business plan at the property
level including formulating and submitting quarterly accruals, budget reforecasts, providing
explanations for variances and any required financial reporting.
• Manage and oversee capex projects in assigned properties as required.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with tenants, vendors and the local business
• Resolve matters relating to crisis management, injury & illness prevention and maintenance of the
business continuity plan.
• Lead the coordination and execution of various initiatives, projects and strategic planning.
• Actively, successfully manage the monthly billing and collections process by communicating with
tenants, providing support as required.
• Implement and always strive to improve property management services and client satisfaction by
setting objective, measurable standards for success/effectiveness.
• Maintain a detailed understanding with all sections of leases related to operating provisions,
services/additional services, expenses, escalations, base years, rent steps, tenant’s use and
• Manage the tenant alteration process from initial review, lease obligations, engaging with landlord’s
consultants, tenant contractor procedures, and close out.
• Maximize work order revenue through rigorous staff and inventory management.
• Engage contractors and consultants to maintain the property in-line with lease requirements and Class
A office property standards.
• Administer service contracts as required.
• Inspect all areas and grounds to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness is always achieved.
• Meet regularly with janitorial, maintenance and security contractors to review quality of work and
adherence to specifications.
• Assess staff performance and conduct reviews as appropriate.
• Liaise with other departments of the company such as accounting, leasing, asset management, etc.
• Ensure employees are trained, drilled and materials are updated periodically.
• BA/BS degree required. A concentration in business or real estate preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible Class A commercial office property management
• Certification as Real Property Administrator (RPA) and/or Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred.
• Proven ability to execute in Manhattan Class A office building operations, with a strong technical
understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems and structural design.
• Familiarity with ADA and OSHA.
• Familiarity with security and life safety protocols.
• Ability to work in a face paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills required.
• Proficiency with word processing, database and spreadsheet packages to include Word and Excel.
• Strong working knowledge of lease accounting based software such as Yardi or similar systems.
• Competitive remuneration commensurate with relevant experience.