Goodman Real Estate is a privately owned real estate investment firm founded in 1990 by John Goodman specializing in multifamily and commercial real estate. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we maintain a diversified portfolio of property investments across the United States. With managed assets valued at more than $2.5 billion, this portfolio spans the spectrum of risk adjusted investments: multi-family, construction, office buildings, land development.
We strive to be a driving force for positive community change. We are a trusted partner in the co-creation of thoughtful, well-built, healthy and profitable communities.
Our Core Values
We cultivate a culture of collaboration, generosity, honesty, and integrity where engagement, hard work and results are rewarded.
We aspire to create impact through transforming built environments for the betterment of our communities.
Goodman Real Estate is currently seeking a Vice President of Asset Management to join Senior Executive Leadership team.
- Primary focus is overseeing a +/- 12,000-unit MF portfolio of stabilized and renovation assets to ensure the execution of the asset performance plans.
- Oversees and directs operational budgeting, capital budgeting, and reforecasting to ensure the asset plan maximizes the investment objectives.
- Responsible for the performance and total return for all asset managed properties as well as asset managing a portfolio of properties.
- Directs and mentors Asset Management team and 3rd Party Property Management to assist them in achieving established asset goals and objectives.
- This position is a key member of the leadership team and plays a role in the continued growth and success of the company.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the revenue and profit goals of units managed.
- Ability to understand goals, operate asset(s) in the owners’ best interest.
- Portfolio Asset Management – Oversee the operations across the portfolio through direct communications with the asset management personnel.
- Responsible for adherence to the Asset and Property Management Agreements.
- Communicate asset strategy to the most senior levels of the organization and effectively oversee the execution of the plan.
- Ensure the development of your people, their skills and expertise to deliver superior results.
- Provide monthly in-depth reviews of the P&L, yearly budgeting and quarterly reforecasting of property performance, revenue management and expense control.
- Ensure that the Asset Managers efficiently oversee and develop the physical condition of the properties, the appropriate staffing levels and ongoing capital projects.
- Participate in the due diligence process of acquisitions, dispositions and capital events.
- Reporting Systems - Oversee reporting and review of operating/financial performance, variance analysis, operating/capital project status, by leveraging and effectively using Rentlytics.
- Recommends policies and procedures designed to achieve the highest level of competency – best practices (e.g. risk management, operating guidelines, etc.).
- Financial Reporting – Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements across the portfolio, along with the preparation of annual budgets with property management teams.
- Work on special projects including hold-sell analyses and evaluation of refinancing; investment and redevelopment opportunities.
- Communicate with leadership on performance, risk and unique portfolio issues.
- Communicate with Asset Managers on issues unique to his/her portfolio.
- Develop the annual budget for portfolio and ensure Asset Managers and properties operate within or under budget.
- Collaborate with other departments (Asset Management, Commercial Property Management, Development, Marketing, Finance, Investments).
- Develop and maintain relationships with associations, lenders, partners, and vendors that are in the best interest of the company.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Leadership & Personal:
- This person will have an owner’s mindset in their approach to business.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to motivate others – up, down and across the organization.
- Balance hands-on approach with ability to delegate.
- High level of integrity, honesty, and respect for others in both their personal and business relationships.
- Will be committed to Goodman Real Estate’s Mission, Vision, Values and Employee Declaration.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, real estate, or related field
- 10 years supervisory/leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient in MS Office programs
Goodman Real Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. GRE is committed to equal opportunities in employment.