This position will be involved in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, market research, property tours, and preparation of offering memorandums and pitches. This position will also be integrally involved in marketing and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings / events. Work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
· Prepare investment advisory packages and RFP submissions for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
· Responsible for complex financial modeling utilizing market, HFF data, and comparable sales pricing on commercial real estate.
· Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and be in constant communication with the Producer, the market and the Client. Use this information from the marketing process to assist clients in making decisions related to their business plan and capital structure.
· Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system to will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
· Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
· Develop and recommend financing alternatives to present to the Producer.
· Begin to build client network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
· Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 1-3 years of experience in a financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry preferred.
· Two years Argus experience is preferred.
· Must be technically proficient in use of databases.
· Must understand real estate documents.
· Self-motivated, team-oriented.
· Strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal quantitative, writing, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
· Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
· Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
· Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word. Advanced working knowledge of Excel a plus.
· Argus experience preferred.
· Database experience a plus.
· Office – work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
HFF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, genetic information, membership or service in the U.S. Armed Forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.