Do you have Shift Engineer Experience??
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Electrical Trade License plus (5) years minimum of trade experience
- Universal EPA certification is required.
- Data Center Engineering and supervision experience desirable
- AAS in a technical discipline desirable
- Direct interface with IT Hardware planning and change control environments preferred
Purpose of Your Role
The Shift Engineer provides support for the multiple critical business environments that the engineering department is responsible for. This position requires the ability to work within a highly trained 7 X 24 engineering team. Must support a team environment and work towards common goals and objectives for the department. This position will be filled by a seasoned Shift Engineer that has demonstrated complete knowledge of the site and the equipment contained within. Effective verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills are a must.
The Skills You Bring
- You have a demonstrated ability to install, repair and maintain electrical circuits and related loads in compliance with the National Electrical Code and generally accepted industry practices.
- You have the ability to analyze daily operations for consistency and to develop and present plans/procedures in order to alleviate the possibility of down time.
- You have an ability to communicate and advise the team and director as appropriate to ensure the consistent flow of information and activities.
- You have a demonstrated appropriate work habits following procedures, an in-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations to insure the safety of self, fellow workers and building tenants.
The Value You Deliver
- Demonstrating the ability to coordinate and supervise all inspections, testing, calibration and repairs to electrical and mechanical systems employing in-house staff, vendors, engineers, and appropriate test equipment.
- Demonstrating the ability to direct, and administer the use of third party vendors to augment in-house resources, providing on-site supervision to assure cost, time and critical exposure commitments are met.
- Maintaining strict management of the infrastructure operations and control systems to eliminate risk by unauthorized employees, vendors, visitors.
- Overseeing or performing all preventive and remedial maintenance work on building or electrical systems to assure critical power, cooling, heating, and humidification requirements are met with no adverse business impact.
- Preparing daily log entries: accuracy, content, executable detail and associated closure of reported issues in a timely manner.
- Performing site inspection and perform rounds for completeness and accuracy.
- Utilizing tools, processes, procedures, and notifies/advises director as appropriate to ensure the consistent flow of information and activities.
- Demonstrating ability to switch to standby generators and bypass UPS systems when an electrical alarm or failure occurs, consistent with procedures, communicating all actions taken through the escalation process.
- Demonstrating ability to operate fire detection and suppression systems, locate and correct trouble faults and follow proper system protection procedures when work is performed in areas covered by fire systems.
- Demonstrating appropriate work habits, procedures, an in-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations to insure the safety of self, fellow workers and building tenants.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Real Estate Company (FREC) is the corporate real estate division of Fidelity Investments, providing a full range of services to Fidelity business units nationally and internationally. FREC manages more than 11 million square feet of space in the United States and overseas, including 13 North American and six international locations, four mission-critical data centers and more than 190 retail investor centers.
Our philosophy at FREC is customer-centric—everything we do focuses on delivering solutions that meet the needs of our customers at all levels.
In addition to office space for Fidelity’s nearly 42,000 associates, FREC develops and manages a range of specialized spaces including data centers, disaster recovery spaces, trading rooms, large-scale printing and mail processing facilities, and telephone contact centers. We also provide services to non-core Fidelity clients, such as many of the companies which comprise Devonshire Investors, FIL, the Fidelity Foundation, and Pembroke Real Estate.
This role is an overnight shift. The schedule is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:30 PM to 6:45 AM. The second week is Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:30 PM to 6:45 AM.