Job Title: Property Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, Colorado
Urban Villages, Inc., is a Denver-based, privately owned real estate development and property management company that specializes in timeless design and environmentally responsible development and management practices. We focus on long-term value creation for all of our project stakeholders: investors, partners, tenants, neighbors, communities, and our environment. Urban Villages creates places where people and businesses thrive.
We are currently seeking a Property Manager with great interpersonal skills, a creative and analytical mind, and a disciplined attention to detail to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be excited about downtown Denver, specifically the LoDo neighborhood, and the opportunity to be a part of shaping this unique and vibrant district.
The Property Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and financial performance of a mid-sized portfolio of commercial properties. This will include financial budgeting and oversight, data analysis, tenant relations, lease administration, leasing and marketing, (in cooperation with commercial and residential brokers) coordination of property maintenance and upkeep, property safety and security, vendor management, personnel supervision, project management, event coordination and other tasks to ensure the effective operations of assigned properties. This position will have the responsibilities and duties listed below and will report to, and work directly with, the Director of Property Management.
- Create annual operating and capital improvement budgets for each property, to be reviewed and approved by asset owners, and manage in accordance with approved budgets
- Maintain tenant occupancy through active marketing and showing of vacant units, and work with commercial and residential brokerage/leasing team to establish rental rates, determine marketing strategy, and negotiate new deals
- Generate regular reporting as required by Director of Property Management
- Lead and participate in property management and other company meetings
- Manage lease administration for all commercial and residential tenants; this includes collection of rents, tracking and enforcing all lease terms, coordinating any necessary legal actions or third-party collections, maintaining tenant and property files (electronic and hardcopy), and administering tenant notices
- Inspect and maintain the physical and aesthetic aspects of each property through daily walks, and coordinate repairs and service with maintenance department
- Oversee tenant and landlord renovation projects, and manage contractor and tenant relationships through the construction process
- Establish and/or maintain vendor relationships for property services
- Administer Emergency Action Plans for all properties
- Manage and supervise Assistant Property Manager(s) and/or other site staff, as needed
- Other tasks as necessary to support the property management and asset management functions, and Urban Villages’ corporate goals
- Bachelors degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Colorado Real Estate Broker’s License preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the real estate industry or applicable administrative or legal experience
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate, market trends, leasing/sales, and accounting
- Experience with MRI, Yardi, Entrata or other property management software preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a support team, and work collaboratively with other team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to professionally communicate with diverse populations; polished interpersonal skills
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Ability to tackle multiple tasks simultaneously, without losing focus or attention on any one; not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Self-motivated, with “ownership thinking” perspective applied to decision making
- Proficient use of both PCs and Macs, strong skills in Word, Excel, and other office programs
- Ability to effectively present information to prospective or current tenants, investors, and other professional partners and vendors
- Absolute discreteness in receiving and handling sensitive information
Compensation and benefits:
Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience. Employees may be eligible to participate in benefits packages, which include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and a public transit pass.
Candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, salary requirements and available start date to apply for position. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls, please.