Manages the functions and activities related to FMS’ existing real estate portfolio and leasing transactions, providing oversight, support, guidance and expertise to the Real Estate Specialists and the outside contractors/agents to ensure efficient and appropriate execution of the transaction business in compliance with all pertinent company and regulatory standards and requirements. Assists Sr. Manager of Real Estate Leasing with development and implementation of strategies and initiatives pertaining to real estate activities ensuring alignment and achievement of department and company goals and objectives. Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direction, guidance and advice to the Real Estate Specialists managing their workflow and workload to ensure optimal achievement of department goals and objectives.
- Reviews the transaction workload and projects to ensure that all critical dates (such as option dates) are accounted for and any issues or discrepancies are addressed appropriately.
- Monitors critical date requirements to ensure compliance with applicable standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Constantly monitors the workload of in-house personnel ensuring that all project timelines and milestones can be and are met as required.
- Provides updates regarding project and transaction status to senior management as needed.
- Assists with the negotiation and resolution of complex Landlord/Tenant matters.
- Oversees all transactional outsourced service providers engaged to handle overflow in transaction workload.
- Scrutinize all transactions and related project activity workload to identify and anticipate need for additional resources to meet critical deadlines
- Manage contractors and monitor their activities to ensure appropriate execution of functions according to company and regulatory procedures and requirements.
- Utilizes current in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise to provide complex financial analysis, advice, and legal interpretation to internal customers as requested. Provides advice to field and divisional management regarding the company’s rights and obligations pertaining to leases.
- Manages the Real Estate Specialists; providing leadership and guidance, working together to set departmental and individual goals and objectives in alignment with those of the company. Provides informal feedback throughout the year as well as formal feedback during the annual performance evaluation. Manages the department staffing by making the appropriate personnel decisions with respect to hiring, firing and disciplinary actions.
- Takes the lead in department evaluation and assessment of department work processes, identifying and implementing strategies to contain costs, increase efficiencies and efficacy of transaction business.
- Manages multiple ad hoc projects as assigned and represents the Real Estate Portfolio Management department on cross functional teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Real Estate, advanced degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience working in corporate leasing and transaction management required:
- 5-8 years of corporate real estate leasing and transaction management experience with at least 3 years supervisory experience with outsourced brokers and internal staff.
- Ability to understand, interpret and abstract complex Real Estate Lease terminology.
- Relevant experience in a fast paced, multi-project, operational environment.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing. Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in high volume transaction environment.
- Very organized and detail oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite as well as experience using a REM database.
Local Candidates Preferred