Harbor Group Management Company is an established real estate investment/property management company headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with approximately $7+ billion in assets in multifamily residential, commercial, and retail properties throughout the United States and abroad.
Interested in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment? Harbor Group Management Co., LLC (HGMC) is searching for General Manager – Building Engineer that can drive a culture of achievement, education, and customer service.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Act as Supervisor, advisor and leader for onsite operating engineers and maintenance personnel in installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment.
- Performance of ongoing preventive and repair response work orders on building and tenant mechanical, electrical and other installed systems, equipment, and other components.
- Maintain, operate, and repair all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, plumbing systems, fire/life safety equipment, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds.
- Perform assigned inspections, oversight of vendor work and due diligence
- Respond effectively to all emergencies.
- Interact with building staff and tenant contacts.
- Prepare annual budgets, project costs, long term capital outlook and report on schedule and variances.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Study and become familiar with the various items of equipment, and the methods required to use them properly.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Must be willing and able to support any after hours building related activity as required.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Interact with external and internal customers with a positive demeanor.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail
- On call duties and overtime as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
Required: Associates degree and industry certifications (BOMA SMT, SMA)
- Possess an Universal CFC recovery certification.
- 5 years of technical experience in all aspects of building engineering.
- Strong background in technical aspects of HVAC, plumbing, electrical equipment, repair and maintenance and overall system design and application.
- 2-3 Years of experience managing building engineers.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes an extensive list of health & retirement options.
- An environment that supports learning & development, along with an education assistance program.
- This position is based at One Dulles Tower which located in Northern Virginia.
Harbor Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer