Restore West is a real estate investment manager with $150MM of assets in partnership with one of the leading investment banks in the US. Our historic focus has been residential investments (single family and multifamily) but we are expanding into industrial acquisitions. Our geographic footprint includes Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada and California. We are looking for an acquisitions analyst to help evaluate new opportunities and assist with the management of existing assets. The position will be in San Francisco but we would consider candidates in target targets. We may hire someone on a contract basis this year, which would move to full time.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Underwriting industrial investment opportunities to evaluate the financial feasibility of transactions.
- Preparing business plans for assets under contract and/or newly acquired assets.
- Performing market research (i.e., demographic and economic trends) in Restore's current markets, as well as markets under consideration.
- Obtaining rent comps and preparing rent roll analyses.
- Maintaining the Acquisitions pipeline to monitor key deadlines.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to model transactions. Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required).
- Knowledge of real estate principles, finance, and accounting is required.
- Ability to analyze historical operating statements to identify areas for cost savings/revenue upside.
- Proactive and highly organized. Ability to handle multiple projects and perform well in a team environment.
- Capability to meet deadlines on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn and be inquisitive
- Be able to handle a breadth of responsibilities, while maintaining accuracy and a detail-oriented focus
- Highly organized, proactive, and resourceful.
- Strong team player with the ability to independently manage a full workload and respond to shifting priorities.
- Strong writing, editing, verbal communication, and correspondence skills; ability to write clearly, concisely, and achieve the right tone with clients, prospective clients, and business partners.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Be a self-starter and capable of managing your own time effectively.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier university preferred, preferably with an emphasis in real estate, finance, or accounting.
- Recent college graduate or 2-3 years of commercial real estate experience required.