Junior Acquisitions Analyst
The Zar Group, a New York City-based real estate investment firm, is seeking, a junior acquisitions analyst to assist in acquiring office, retail and industrial property throughout the New York metro area.
- Find new investment properties by utilizing property databases, internet research, relationships with brokers, market canvassing and old fashioned cold calling.
- Perform complex financial analyses including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analysis in Excel and ARGUS.
- Organize and present data analysis, draw objective conclusions and make recommendations.
- Undertake comprehensive due diligence responsibilities on new acquisitions, from sourcing through closing.
- Identify and analyze development, legal, environmental and zoning regulations related to new investments.
- Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets.
- Prepare investment summaries, deal memos, and other documents.
- Liaise with brokers, attorneys, lenders, government officials, architects, engineers, and vendors
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Very strong communication and sales skills
- Must be able to work independently while still functioning well in a team
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage to aggressive deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- BA in Finance or Real Estate, preferably with 1-3 years of Real Estate Finance experience.
- Advanced Excel and ARGUS skills
There is potential for advancement and applicants should be flexible and eager to learn.