We are currently seeking a Workplace Consultant to join our Houston team. Our workplace solutions result from a collaborative process that encourages multidisciplinary teams to imagine new ways of solving the challenges of the built environment, optimizing occupancy costs and driving success for our clients. As a Workplace Consultant, you are responsible for working independently on project tasks with periodic supervision to scope work and develop project approach and project work plans with clients and prospects to generate new business opportunities.
- Completes projects for multiple service lines. (master planning, workplace, change management, move migration, restacking)
- Supports commissions and assist in building client relationships that lead to projects. Prepare leave behind material and qualification packages.
- Works on projects with virtual teams across all HOK offices.
- Assists in preparation of proposals, including project approach, schedule and definition of deliverables.
- May performs complex analysis tasks on projects and problem solving on projects (e.g. workplace observation surveys, functional relationship analysis, highest and best use studies, supply and demand, utilization analysis, cross over analysis, stacking & blocking, migration schedules, cost estimates and project schedules, site and zoning analysis, code analysis, organizational analysis, personnel forecast, space type analysis, density analysis, space inventory, efficiency ratios, capacity models and facility benchmarks).
- Makes project presentations to small client groups and client managers.
- Presents program and facility plans to HOK project teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge and ability to use analytical and problem-solving techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include a high level of knowledge in Excel.
- Proficiency in Autodesk products (AutoCAD and Revit) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong analysis and spreadsheet capabilities are essential components.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently.
- Strong relationship building skills, communication skills, ability to clearly communicate message to internal and external clients.
- Ability to give precise engaging presentations.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in architecture, real estate, interior architecture, interior design, industrial design or planning. Master's degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of previous experience in workplace design with proven record of successful projects.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.