Assocaite Producer - NorthMarq Westchester, NY office
**All inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather in NorthMarq Human Resources
NorthMarq Capital is seeking an Associate Producer to support key Production personnel in our Westchester, NY office. This position is best suited for someone who has experience in the commercial real estate finance industry, familiarity with New York markets, and has a desire to rapidly move from support into a production role within 1 - 2 years or sooner with demonstrated proficiency. As such, the position will initially involve a mentorship and afford the individual the opportunity to work directly with Producers who are leaders in their markets. NorthMarq Capital is one of the largest commercial real estate mortgage banking firms worldwide. We continually establish new standards of excellence in serving a nationwide client base while focusing on the importance of relationships and service.
- Organization – During the first year, this person will be responsible for providing support to Production Staff through underwriting, due diligence, servicing, closing and various support functions, while also learning from the mentor some techniques for marketing and sales activity.
- Execution and Direction - Preliminary and Final Investment Reports:
- Prepare preliminary and final investment reports using in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include narrative analysis of the borrower, property, location and market.
- Complete property financial analysis and underwriting, developing a final valuation estimate
- Coordinate due diligence, property inspections, and review building plans, calculate building sizes, order and analyze credit reports and other pertinent underwriting criteria.
- Lease briefs – Prepares summary analysis of leases for use in investment reports.
- Comparable data – Gather site, neighborhood, and city data from sources both inside and outside the regional office. Customize data and comparables to suit the proposal.
- Photography/graphics – Access or provide aerial and or on-site photographs, maps, graphics and other exhibit material.
- Market Research – Prepare market research including absorption surveys and occupancy studies. Also prepare special reports as required including demographic analysis, economic studies, and metropolitan industry analysis.
- Closing – Provide closing coordination, follow up on all due diligence with regard to closing, including acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Servicing – For existing loans, perform regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio analysis, lease reviews, and regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge which is essential in providing quality work.
- Customer Service – Responsible for providing investors and borrower with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Sales – Over the course of the first year this person will be expected to show the ability to generate leads, network, and negotiate real estate transactions. There will be the opportunity for this person to perform the Production role as opportunity presents itself, with the timetable for transition fully to Producer determined by success.
Responsibilities during Transitional Period:
- Aggressively market to new and/or under-marketed clients, with a goal of generating new business.
- Draft a detailed Business Plan to be reviewed and approved by Mentor. Include as a minimum, details on relationship building and learning the business, working with Mentor.
- Become expert in the markets and sub-markets of the locale, including getting to know leasing and investment sales brokers, title insurance employees, property managers and others who can contribute to general market knowledge and marketing success.
- Learn about the investors represented by NorthMarq in the market. Get to know the lender representatives and develop a working knowledge of their processes, investment targets, underwriting standards and pricing considerations.
- Learn about deal structure, including the complexities of both debt and equity structures, in order to access a broad range of clients with a diverse set of requirements.
- Establish priorities for personal success and that of the Mentor, along with defined production goals and areas of focus, as you transition to independence.
- Three to Five years’ experience in a related field required.
- Four-year college degree. Major in real estate/finance preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and fundamental understanding of the basics of real estate valuation and loan underwriting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge and skills. Including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.), and graphic software in relation to real estate. Knowledge of ARGUS a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Customer service oriented.
Demonstrated Professional Competencies to include:
This addresses interpersonal and professional competencies, such as;
- Ability to motivate others and provide positive direction when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision; needs to be resourceful.
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve, either independently or by quickly calling on the right resources.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude in all situations, combined with a team player “get the job” done attitude.
Required Professional Certifications or Licenses:
Holds or willing to obtain a mortgage banking, salesperson or broker’s license as required by NY state law