Seeking to hire an REIT Portfolio Manager in New York City. Timing is immediate. MUST HAVE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUST (REIT - PM) EXPERIENCE -- 10 YEARS (US and EUROPE - buy-side)
•Manage, oversee and direct the work a team of analysts to allocate sector strategies and manage
•Identify, analyze and present US/European REIT and REOC long and short opportunities to members of the Investment team.
• Maintain company/sector models; engage with management teams to underwrite company investments, and tour property assets
•Review financial and legal agreements and other documents associated with potential investments to understand and quantify the economic impacts on valuation and projected investment returns
• Generate ideas regarding potential investments, creative transaction structures, and appropriate hedges that help lead to successful transactions, including listed purchases, pipes, property jv’s, and other capital allocation decisions
• Preparation of investment committee memoranda and run investment committee meetings involving public market investment proposals
• Interface with real estate private equity colleagues to cross pollinate investment underwriting and idea generation
• Cover a variety of US/European sectors and markets to support the firm's idea sourcing initiatives.
• Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and Bloomberg/SNL.
• Strong interest in real estate, finance, securities and investment management as demonstrated through work experience.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed to support the firm’s investment and sourcing activities.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Strong academic credentials from a top university, preferably with a major in finance,
real estate, economics, or a related field.
• 10-12 years of formal real estate securities analysis, private equity real estate investment, or real estate banking experience (5+ years running a REIT investment portfolio on the buy-side).
• Able to thrive in a fast- moving environment, highly motivated self-starter with well-developed presentation, team management and client development skills.