FCP is seeking an associate/senior analyst to join its Commercial team in Chevy Chase, MD. The candidate will gain a broad exposure to all parts of the commercial investment team by supporting existing asset management, leasing, acquisitions and development activities.
- Underwrite potential acquisition and development opportunities by performing complex financial analyses, including cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses;
- Evaluate property-level financial data, rent rolls, abstract leases, and develop operating budgets and capital expenditure budgets;
- Gather and synthesize macro and micro economic, demographic and detailed real estate market data;
- Conduct property site inspections and market tours (some travel may be required);
- Create memos for presentation to investment committee and potential partners;
- Coordinate due diligence materials for acquisitions and dispositions;
- Assist with arranging and closing debt financing for acquisitions;
- Evaluate lease economics for new and renewal transactions;
- Work with senior management to oversee property management staff and budgets;
- Analyze monthly property-level financial statements and maintain quarterly and annual reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in real estate, finance or capital markets;
- Demonstrated proficiency in real estate financial analysis;
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ARGUS software;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Motivated self-starter with effective time management skills and strong attention to detail;
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment;
- Travel as necessary to meet with potential partners and visit assets.
Federal Capital Partners:
FCP is a privately held real estate investment company that has invested in or financed more than $5.0 billion in assets since its founding in 1999. FCP invests in all asset classes and provides equity, preferred equity and structured debt investments for commercial and residential real estate. The firm, based in Chevy Chase, MD, owns and manages in excess of $2.3 billion in assets. FCP is currently investing its third investment fund, a recently closed commingled, discretionary fund targeted at real estate markets in the Eastern United States.