This is an opportunity for a forward-thinking leader to help improve the infrastructure that supports a diverse team to manage 1000 units in the Bay Area market. This candidate will directly support the COO on managing the operations of the management company. They will work with the property management, maintenance and leasing team to ensure company goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Responsible for the supporting COO on the overall operations of the portfolio
- Responsible for updating, teaching, and reiterating company processes and improving upon them when needed.
2. Revenue related activates:
- Ensure timely revenue collections on the portfolio level
- Ensure all revenue related items are collected by the Property Management (PM) team
3. Property Management Activities
- Meet with property management team on a weekly basis to communicate action items and resolve outstanding issues.
- Ensure Move ins and outs are correctly recorded in the systems
- Ensure property management database is updated in timely manner
- Make regular site visits to the properties in the portfolio
- Support managing tenant relationships
- Ensure that all elements of the physical property maintenance are addressed in a cost efficient way and timely manner
- Reviews Weekly Revenue Report / Delinquency Report on a weekly basis and assign action items to the PM team
- Review Weekly AP Report
- Ensure that weekly/monthly property management reports are completed
- Assist in budget preparation and analysis
- Ensure compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and local ordinances and laws for his portfolio
- Consistently update job knowledge and keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management by participating in
6. Leasing Activities:
- Define and Manage Leasing Plan for the portfolio
- Assist leasing team with collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and market trends on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics is a plus but not required.
2. Industry knowledge:
- Knowledge of real estate investment industry and terminology
- Knowledge of property management industry terms and principles
- Knowledge of finance and accounting industry terms and principles
3. Analytical skills:
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret property financial information
- Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team
- This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate operations field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage to multiple short and long term goals.
5. Management Skills:
- Ability to clearly communicate tasks to the team and manage from a top down approach
- Ensure weekly, monthly and ad hoc deadlines are hit on time.
6. Communication and Software skills
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate for the company to external parties.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Word/Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Yardi or other property management software is a plus