Reporting to the Vice President – Life Science Estates, the Manager – Life Science Estates will provide broad operations support to the Life Science Estates team. Critical to success will be innovative thinking, operational excellence and effective management of assets and relationships. This person will handle a broad range of functions in the deal making process and will have direct revenue impact for the company’s Life Science portfolio. Projects include new developments, redevelopments and existing operating properties. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze financial terms of lease proposals
- Negotiate lease proposals and lease documents
- Oversee external project team on multiple on-going capital projects (redevelopments, tenant improvements, ground-up developments, etc.)
- Assisting with the showing of vacant spaces to prospective tenants
- Contribute to the evaluation of potential acquisition/development opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key tenant rep leasing brokers
- Prepare deal team summaries and Investment Committee presentations
- Client Interaction intensive – this includes client tours, project meetings, tenant contracts, project managers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (in Real Estate or Finance a plus)
- Minimum of 3-6 years of relevant work experience within the Life Science or Real Estate industry
- Comfortable interacting with Clients
- Knowledge of real estate documents required
- In-depth knowledge of real estate and deal making
- Familiarity with commercial office/industrial leases and purchase contracts
- Professionalism and negotiation skills are essential for this position.
- Strong financial, analytical and negotiation skills
- Understanding of the design and construction process
- Strong working knowledge of Argus and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Driven for results, exhibits confidence in abilities and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel within the San Francisco area (75%) of the time