National Home Rentals is a rapidly growing Chicago based real estate private equity firm with thousands of properties across multiple markets throughout North America. We seek to add long-term value to the assets we acquire through our streamlined development and rigorous leasing processes, proactive management, and a data-driven analytical approach to all aspects of our business.
We are looking to add talent to our growing team with the potential to advance quickly and the opportunity to learn all aspects of the real estate investment business. We offer a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment within an established and profitable industry leader. If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a high-energy culture with demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors and a strong desire to make an impact, apply to join our team.
We are currently searching for a Senior Accountant to assist in building out corporate and property financial reporting and accounting functions. This role will have primary responsibility for all accounting functions for a large and growing portfolio of single-family home properties including the review of all disbursements, accounts receivable, and general ledger data and the preparation of reconciliations and other analysis as needed. The Senior Accountant will function as a primary accounting resource for investors, business managers, and owners. The successful candidate must be discreet, organized, trustworthy, reliable, punctual, detail-oriented, and personable. Additionally, this is the ideal opportunity for individuals looking for growth and long-term career runway into accounting and finance leadership roles.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and yearly GAAP-based financial statements for all corporate and fund entities.
- Review and approve monthly, quarterly, and yearly property financial statement.
- Review ledger detail, record adjusting journal entries, reconcile capital improvements and capitalize when complete.
- Oversee and review information entered in real estate property management software system, Yardi.
- Review tenant receivables balances and activity. Review monthly accounts receivable sub-ledger close and transfer to parent companies.
- Reconcile all property level cash, investment, and disbursement accounts.
- Assist in preparation of tax filings for corporate and fund entities.
- Ensure mortgage payments are being applied in a timely manner.
- Analyze historical information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; processes payments; and reconciling accounts.
- Perform advanced financial modeling.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provide accounting support for investors and property acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings of general ledger in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in accounting
- CPA or CPA candidacy required
- Experience with Yardi required
- Must possess strong financial modeling skills with advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience with institutional real estate accounting
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellence time management skills
- Strict attention to detail
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
National Home Rentals offers a competitive compensation package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
National Home Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. National Home Rentals prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.