Brickman is a real estate private equity firm that actively invests in both debt and equity. The firm combines its owner-operator expertise with deep experience in debt to produce superior risk-adjusted returns for its investors. Brickman was formed in 1993 and has invested over $1.5 billion of equity capital in approximately 100 transactions with a total capitalization in excess of $5.0 billion.
Brickman is seeking an analyst to join its investment team. The candidate will be responsible for the analysis of investment opportunities, primarily using Excel and ARGUS. The position will require the ability to create models to analyze various real estate related ventures including joint-venture split structures. Additionally, the candidate will be required to assist in creating investment memoranda and conduct in-depth market research and property-level due diligence. The candidate will work closely with senior team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist senior investment professionals in property acquisitions as well as mezzanine debt and preferred equity originations
- Financial modeling and analysis for underwriting and due diligence activities via Excel and ARGUS
- Research property markets including competitive property sales and leasing data
- Conduct property-level due diligence including review of leases, property financial information and third-party reports
- Assist in writing pursuit and investment committee memoranda
- Assist portfolio management and capital raising professionals with asset valuations, investment summaries and presentations
- Think critically and analyze information to provide meaningful insight and input to deals
- Ideal candidate will have between one and three years of related real estate finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a rigorous institution (focus on finance or real estate is preferred)
- Solid understanding of Excel and ARGUS software with financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis experience
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Critical thinking ability and analytical mindset
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to simplify complex ideas into presentable messages
Competitive compensation will be provided, to be commensurate with experience.