IPG is currently seeking a Director of Operations to be based at our Irvine, Corporate Headquarters. This position is responsible for providing oversight on the day-to-day activities on the property management department, including property operations, financial performance, asset management, asset preservation, people management, marketing, training, CapEx and compliance. The Director of Operations will work with the Home Sales Division for all rehabs and new developments, ensure that established financial performance targets are achieved or exceeded, assure compliance with all company policies and procedures and ensure quality delivery of services.
- Provide world class leadership for a national portfolio of 75 plus manufactured home communities.
- Monitor, measure and report to President and Chief Operating Officer on operational issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements.
- Execute the strategic vision for the regions and develop the implementation plan for initiatives.
- Lead the property management role in the due diligence process. Ensure a smooth transition during the management of property dispositions or acquisitions within assigned portfolio.
- Oversee the development of plans to improve property performance issues and/or capital needs to maximize the performance of the assets.
- Implement company-wide initiatives by marshalling resources within the portfolio to remove obstacles and deliver results, communicating the “why” in order to lead change effectively, and adapting company initiatives within the scope of the program to meet regional or property-specific needs.
- Develop policies, objectives, and operational procedures.
- Ensure that all organizational policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with professional and regulatory standards and further organizational success.
- Review and ensure policies and procedures are consistently implemented.
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures.
- Evaluate region's performance for compliance with established policies and objectives, and contributions towards goal attainment.
- Review activity reports, tracking progress toward occupancy, pricing and operating revenue and expense goals and objectives; take corrective actions as needed.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of Regional Managers, who manage assigned properties across one or more geographic locations. Motivate team through positive recognition and strong leadership giving emphasis on business development, marketing, legal, business affairs and human resources issues.
- Perform essential management function duties such as hiring, training, coaching, succession management, performance management, salary administration, career development, disciplinary counseling, and termination of subordinates. Maintain an open-door policy to address employee issues and concerns.
- Play a key role at regional meetings/conferences, presenting information such as company goals, regional results, and employee recognition to all levels of employees.
- Work closely with Regional Managers concerning property, resident or personnel issues.
- Perform inspections of communities within the portfolio to ensure proper curb appeal, leasing and maintenance operations, delivery of our brand promise to residents, and professionalism of team members.
- Provide oversight for asset preservation and optimization of revenue to include physical evaluation of properties as indicated by property information reporting.
- Assist with the implementation of resident retention programs; evaluates the efficiency of programs and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- In collaboration with other support departments, develop and direct the strategic and tactical activities of the portfolio consistent with the established company direction and provide resources to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department/Sales Division to review and implement marketing, advertising, and pricing strategies.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers, and the general public.
- Undertake special projects as directed by the President and COO.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a Director capacity or as a Senior Regional Manager for a multi-family real estate portfolio required.
- Proven track record in successfully directing a minimum of 10-20 properties with at least 3,000 home sites or multifamily units.
- Previous experience in successfully leading and mentoring multiple Regional Managers and/or Area Managers.
- Excellent aptitude in property management systems, experience with Manage America desired, must be proficient with Word Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays, Bonus Program and 401K Retirement Plan.