Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Sr. Analyst will support the Mortgage team (Mortgage Production and Loan Management) for the MetLife General Account portfolio, investment management clients, and debt fund.
- Support the Mortgage Team in sourcing and originating new commercial real estate loans and managing its existing commercial mortgage portfolio.
- Conduct property underwriting, valuation and market analysis essential to evaluate new commercial mortgage opportunities across a range of property types and geographies.
- Collaborate with Mortgage Team members, brokers, property owners, attorneys and other transaction counterparts to perform due diligence throughout the closing process.
- Support the preparation of investment memoranda and participate in deal presentations to the debt investment committee.
- Assist with loan asset management throughout the loan term, including property financial statement analysis, loan monitoring, borrower requests, management and investor reporting and property inspections.
- Perform internal and external ad hoc reporting, pipeline tracking using MetLife’s proprietary mortgage production system and provide systems database support.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (real estate or finance)
- At least 2 years relevant experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling.
- Team oriented with strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Relevant experience (knowledge of Argus Enterprise, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and familiarity with the leading commercial real estate market data resources (i.e.-CoStar, CBRE Econometric Advisors, Real Capital Analytics, etc.).
Real Estate Investments
Number of Openings