Faire Harbour Landings is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and team oriented addition to manage our Apartment Community in New London, CT. Faire Harbour Landings Apartment Community is owned and operated by Landings Real Estate Group located in Newport, RI. The selected candidate will participate in an aggressive compensation program inclusive of an annual salary along with commissions and a bonus program. In addition, all employees are eligible for paid time off, health and dental insurance, and the option of participating in a retirement program.
In this role, the applicant will be responsible for working towards maintaining a high and stable resident occupancy rate for the community. We recognize associates as our most valuable resource, and hope that you will consider joining our growing and dynamic team. Landings Real Estate Group prides itself on being a growing company where people with an entrepreneurial spirit enjoy what they do because they know it's not just a job - they make a difference every day. Our goal is to create superb experiences for people with unbeatable customer service in the places where they live, work, shop and vacation.
We are looking for an applicant who can lead and motivate our on-site staff, including our office and maintenance teams, as well as meet all goals and guidelines given. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Recommend and establish rental rates by surveying local rental rates, observing market trends, and calculating property operating expenses
- Assist in attracting new residents by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, showing apartments, following up with clients and various other marketing initiatives to exceed occupancy goals
- Contract with tenants by negotiating leases
- Enforce human resource policies and procedures and document employee violations in accordance with company policy
- Manage a budget and accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents, managing bills/invoices, analyzing monthly financial statements, forecasting expenditures, assisting in preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing budget versus actual expense variances and initiating corrective action
- Maintain property by conducting daily unit and common area inspections, investigate, and resolve tenant concerns, enforce rules of occupancy, ensure that needed repairs are completed, plan renovations; contract with vendors for required services
- Enforce lease rules and regulations and work with landlord/tenant attorney to address non-payment of rent matters and non-compliance issues
- Prepare required reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
- Explore opportunities to add value to community and professional accomplishment
To become a valuable member of our team, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Property management experience
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
Positive attitude, energetic and flexible
- Possess the desire to motivate, have fun and be part of a team of professionals
- 4 year college degree
- Proficiency in MS Office; Yardi experience a plus
- Outstanding References
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please submit your resume via email response with the job code CM-FL in the subject line of the message for consideration. Background check and pre-employment drug test are required.
Landings Real Estate Group is an equal opportunity employer.