EDENS, a national leading retail real estate developer, is looking for a Regional Property Manager to join our Property Management team in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Under limited supervision of the Director of Property Operations, the Regional Property Manager independently manages and is responsible for bottom line performance of all assigned properties including preventive and reactive maintenance of facility systems, property budgeting, income and expense control and lease administration. Performs duties that require analysis of technical problems relating to the above functions; plans and schedules tasks relative to the above functions, and various interrelated activities.
Regional Property Managers will spend upwards of 2 months working in our Bethesda, Maryland office where they will receive extensive hands on training.
- Provide exemplary customer service through a proactive and positive approach.
- Inspects assigned properties in accordance with departmental procedure, identifies any physical plant deficiencies and corrects the deficiency in accordance with budgeted guidelines, established property standards and ownership approval.
- Collects all base rent, expense pass through billings and percentage rent as dictated by the lease agreement. Follows up on late rent payments; issues late notices, negotiates payment plans with delinquent tenants, initiates collection proceedings as needed.
- Maintains operating expenses within budgeted allowances.
- Monitor and maintain property portfolio Angus work orders.
- Maintains accurate and complete system data to include tenant gross sales and insurance information, property information sheets, site plans, roof inventory spreadsheets, etc.
- Bids and negotiates maintenance agreements with contractors for the upkeep of the center.
- Review and approve accurately all payables for assigned properties.
- Prepare and present annual operating budgets for assigned properties.
- Reviews monthly operating statements and prepares variance reports for submission to the regional Director of Investments.
- Interfaces with ownership, property tenants, the Leasing and Construction Departments, as well as various contractors to insure the effective operation of the property.
- Possesses the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner, both written and orally.
- Works closely with Tenant Coordination during new tenant build out.
- Other duties as required.
- On call 24 hours a day.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and up-to-date private auto collision and liability insurance.
- Must be able to operate in Windows environment proficiently. Ability to learn specific property management software. High proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel software to meet reporting, correspondence and budgeting needs as defined above. Ability to understand and monitor social media including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
EDENS is a retail real estate owner, operator and developer of a nationally leading portfolio of 120 places. Our sole purpose is to enrich community through human engagement. We design our places to achieve 3.5 trips per week and 5 hours of dwell time. We know that when people come together, they feel a part of something bigger than themselves and prosperity follows – economically, socially, culturally and soulfully. Our work is bigger than real estate; we are in the business of humanity.