We are a privately held real estate asset management company managing real estate credit in excess of US$2 billion, and we are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials, experience in real estate and in underwriting and/or restructuring credit. If you are a successful finance professional interested in further developing your skills in a fast-paced environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Associate role includes responsibility for financial analysis and modeling and preparation of investor reporting/presentations, working closely with senior investment professionals to manage and grow our portfolio of loans (i.e. first and second lien, mezzanine) and other real estate investments and to monitor and manage their performance, including through participation in restructuring and recapitalization.
Specifically, the Associate will:
- participate in due diligence, including analysis of entitlements and environmental issues, construction budgets and schedules, financial projections, appraisals and other relevant documentation; develop financial models and valuation analyses; contribute to preparation of offering documents for investors and for syndicated loans and to preparation of underwriting memos;
- facilitate pre- and post-closing transaction processes, coordinating with legal counsel, appraisers, auditors, consultants and other deal service providers;
- participate in the review of loan funding requests, lien waivers and other draw package elements, in coordination with construction consultants, loan servicers and other service providers;
- participate in monitoring the performance of existing assets and compliance of borrowers with the terms of loan documents and other legal agreements;
- contribute to documentation for investor consent solicitations and other proposals;
- develop and maintain financial projections for each asset; analyze management accounts and financial statements and report on variances; and
- prepare quarterly reports to investors.
- No less than 4 years’ experience in asset management, financial advisory or restructuring with an investment bank, real estate fund or development company or in consulting with a focus on real estate or other hard assets.
- Ability to review and analyze complex legal documents.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting; strong analytical skills and Excel modeling skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team; ability to prioritize effectively and manage work across multiple supervisors.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong professional writing skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier university.