At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 Linkedin Annual List of Industry Disruptors
About the Role
Convene is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Real Estate Team. As a Real Estate Financial Analyst, you will report directly to the Vice President of Real Estate. The position will be located in the New York corporate office and will require close interaction and collaboration with the design, sales, marketing, operations, and hospitality teams of the company. Although defined as a position emphasizing detailed financial analysis, this role will provide an exceptional foundation for professional growth in many areas of commercial real estate, as well as the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a high-growth, venture backed company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Underwrite and maintain cash flow projections for various site selection opportunities in Excel
- Assist in preparation of Investment Committee Memorandums for review and approval
- Support real estate team during Investment Committee presentations
- Support market research, transaction timelines, due diligence and data collection efforts
- Research trends impacting real estate utilization across major global office markets
- Provide overall support for real estate team and growth strategy
- Accommodate for a rotating work schedule to include occasional nights/weekends and long hours
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience in commercial real estate
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel; ability to understand and model complicated lease transactions, joint venture structures and cash flow waterfalls (Argus experience a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and efficient task prioritization
- Ability to think independently and anticipate next steps
- Energy and commitment to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and collaborative environment