Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®. Realty Income attracts smart, high performing individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and team work. If working in a highly professional environment that rewards employees resonates with you, please apply today.
Our opening is for an experienced System Administrator who would be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, network and related infrastructure. This individual will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Additionally this role is responsible to ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, network and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and values.
Specifically the IT System Administrator will be responsible to:
Manage and maintain company server, cloud (SaaS/IaaS), and network infrastructure.
- Microsoft Azure / Office 365 / Exchange 365 / SharePoint 365.
- AWS S3, EC2, VPC, Workspaces.
- Assist in application of periodic operating system upgrades, patches, and configuration changes.
- Assist with configuration changes to the Cisco network infrastructure. This includes switch, WAP, and ASA configuration.
- Review server and network logs for security or general error events.
- Review and assist in managing Realty Income’s AWS account and infrastructure.
- Review and maintain the Solarwinds monitoring platform. This includes generating and reviewing reports generated by the system and reacting to any issues or anomalies that are found.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for the server infrastructure and systems.
- Review and purchase licensing related to the server infrastructure, this includes Windows Server licenses, Windows CALs for server access, other Windows and/or non-Windows infrastructure software.
Active Directory management
- Assist with adding, changing, and deleting user accounts.
- General configuration changes to Active Directory and the Domain.
- Creation and configuration of Group Policy Objects.
- Reviewing for configuration issues, stale user/computer accounts, and other maintenance/clean up tasks.
- Assist with extending Active Directory to cloud/hosted environments as necessary.
- Assist with reviewing endpoint and server MHIPS deployments and respond to detections and threats blocked by our security vendor.
- Assist with reviewing and monitoring information about new and potential security issues related to known vulnerabilities in software and hardware utilized within the organization.
- Assist with making recommendations on how to improve the company security foot print. This includes making changes to the existing environment, researching and evaluating new security products and vendors.
- Assist with reviewing logs and maintaining the isolated Thin Client infrastructure for wire transfers.
Company data backups
- Assist with managing daily backup jobs of company servers and data.
- Assist with the preparation of the offsite backup container to ship to Iron Mountain.
- Assist with performing restores from backup jobs to test the restore process and the integrity of the backups.
- Assist with performing restores as needed in order to restore deleted or corrupt data.
Integrate new technology
- Work on various projects to integrate new technology into the company IT infrastructure.
- Assist with identifying new technology and software to meet changing business needs.
Assist with general workstation and user troubleshooting
- Work with the service desk to help resolve user reported issues.
- Assist with maintaining the Jira platform that the service desk and the change management system reside on. This includes backing up the system, performing upgrades, and making changes to the design and configuration as the company needs change.
IT SOX Audit
- Assists with producing and publishing the various audit documentation required for SOX auditing.
- Participate and contributes to the annual Audit by gathering reports and providing feedback to the auditors.
- Responsible for maintaining the various DR sites in AWS and ensuring they configured and ready for a Disaster Recovery situation.
- Assist with testing Realty Income’s disaster recovery procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university, will accept exceptional work experience and history in lieu of Degree.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a similar role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong administration skills with Windows based server and desktop operating systems. This includes Windows Server 2008r2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows 10.
- Exchange 2010/2013 experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Strong experience working knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Experience working with Cisco based networking and telecommunications equipment.
- Strong experience working with Cloud vendors and implementations.
- Demonstrable experience with Network and IT Security.
- Excellent general troubleshooting skills.
- Basic understanding of, and ability to use, scripting and/or programming languages necessary to provide automation and remote administration.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.