Macada Properties Development & Asset Management
Do you possess the ability to go from working on-site with construction managers; to reviewing budgets with lenders and key stakeholders; to working with clients all in one day? Does the idea of developing and building facilities for a new type of integrated healthcare delivery model intrigue you? If you answered yes, you’ve found the right opportunity. As healthcare continues to rapidly transform so does the need for healthcare real estate which exceeds the expectations of patients, complies with government regulations and meets the demands of new delivery models.
Macada Properties (MP) is seeking a Healthcare Project Executive with at least 10 years of healthcare design and project management experience to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. The Project Executive will be responsible for oversight of all projects to ensure client satisfaction. This role will manage and coordinate with clients and stakeholders on projects through all phases of design, permitting and construction with support from MP construction project managers.
The Project Executive will lead projects and project teams while achieving financial control and attaining goals for each project. The Project Executive will provide overall leadership and support to the cross-functional project teams, develop client relations, manage schedule and budget, and adhere to company design standards, safety and regulatory requirements.
The Project Executive also contributes to the development and execution of goals and strategies such as seeking new clients, maintaining existing client relationships, and focusing on growth strategies and market focus. MP’s Project Executive is also responsible for leading team members to develop relationships by demonstrating and promoting effective relationship building throughout the company, with owners, subcontractors, vendors and throughout the industry. A demonstrated ability to develop client and stakeholder relationships as well as manage effective, collaborative cross-functional teams is essential to the role.
The Project Executive must be an excellent communicator and will be held responsible for serving as the client’s direct point of contact on all healthcare projects and must have the ability to guide and manage team members and project stakeholders. Directed by senior management, the Project Executive will also support business development, contract negotiations, risk and business management of all projects.
Project Executive Leadership
- Serve as lead liaison between MP teams, stakeholders and clients. As lead liaison, position is responsible for coordination between construction project managers, design professionals, attorneys, client and other stakeholders throughout the design, predevelopment, and construction process; direct and monitor various programming, design, and construction related activities, including the work of architects, contractors, and other consultants.
- Ensure project and the client’s requirements are clearly scoped and expectations are met by properly managing and balancing project constraints (scope, budget, schedule, quality, risk and resources) while providing consistent and timely communication throughout the process.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of architectural documentation through regular reviews and coordination with user departments including elevations, floorplans, and equipment drawings.
- Ensure that the project strategy and goals are clearly defined and communicated and drive the strategy throughout project. Manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously from development through closeout.
- Oversee the development of the master project schedule and manage its implementation with construction project managers. Communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and management as well as keeping them active in decision-making.
- Maintain client and stakeholder relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Lead various types of meetings with and for a variety of customers (client, stakeholders, design team, engineering consultants, contractors, subcontractors, vendors and various local and state authorities with jurisdiction).
- Facilitate project meetings to include documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information and statuses.
- Leads and directs planning and project execution in compliance with infection control standards, maintenance, building systems, security, technology, medical equipment standards, and all regulatory standards for healthcare projects.
- Support construction project managers by providing, as needed, owner representation and presentation at all zoning boards, planning boards, and board of supervisors, etc for capital projects; have experience navigating township zoning and land use ordinances, water authorities, county planning boards, and NPDES.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to align with the company’s vision and goals
- Assist the other departments with various projects on an as needed basis
- Any other tasks or projects as assigned by supervision
- Position requires travel to support greater Lehigh Valley and new expansion markets as implemented. Travel is primarily during the business day, although some out-of-the- area and overnight travel may be required.
- Oversee the development of the project brief and business case. Perform financial analysis including pro forma to ensure the financial feasibility of the project and to support project financing needs.
- Develop project budgets including hard costs and soft costs and possess a firm knowledge of construction cost/benefit analysis with support from project management teams and executive leadership.
- Overall responsibility for the profitability of the project(s) while maintaining or exceeding safety, quality and schedule requirements. Leadership responsibility for change order management and project schedules. Oversee and manage the financial health of assigned projects by reviewing weekly, monthly and quarterly cost reports
- Provide technical support; project budgeting and scheduling including owner’s goals & objectives, site improvements, entitlements & permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports
- Prepare and maintain records, reports, and files related to projects, plans, specifications and standards, and financial activities.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, reputational, errors and omissions, etc.) to executive leadership and owners. Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Support capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at all existing sites and new locations.
- Perform development activities including, but not limited to assisting with or leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within assigned markets.
- Develop and maintain long lasting relationships with clients, the design community, and organizations to enhance future business development opportunities.
- Consistently evaluate opportunities to increase client’s business efficiencies and project costs by evaluating client programming needs and business flow; implementing cross functional or adaptable design solutions; vetting return on investment, implementing process improvement; all while maintaining or improving schedule and quality.
- Cultivate opportunities to grow the business in alignment with the company’s strategic business objectives. Collaborate with business development to secure new work, including response to RFPs. Assume ownership of opportunity pursuits and manage pursuit through awards.
- Build and carry out marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Proactively identify opportunities for other MP business lines (Facility Management, Property Management, HVAC; Biomedical Services, etc.) during course of interactions with outside parties.
Experience, Knowledge, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in project / construction management with a commercial general contractor/construction manager, with 5 years dedicated to healthcare, including specific work in hospital and surgical settings or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Proven track record of successful projects with healthcare projects. Ability to manage several medium and large ground-up development projects and small to medium re-development projects.
- Must have ability to achieve and maintain financial control and profit goals for projects. Through knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. A strong working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, and scheduling and process as they relate to healthcare real estate is preferred.
- Ability to develop and cultivate business relationships with existing and prospective clients. Ability to seek out and find business opportunities. Must have knowledge of markets and sales/closing skills.
- Proven experience mentoring and managing cross-functional teams.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Must have advanced presentation skills. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with JCAHO, ADA, OSHA and Infection Control Risk Measures preferred.
- LEED accreditation, and/or PMP a plus.