As the Real Estate Business Development Manager, you will impact the strategic success of real estate and business development activities at Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Real Estate Business Development Manager
- This is a non-career, term position.
- Works under the general supervision of the Deputy Vice President for Real Estate Business Development.
- Serves in the Real Estate Business Development Department in the Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer at Washington Dulles International Airport.
Identifies and explores new real estate and business development opportunities at multiple greenfield sites at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) to maximize land utilization and generate new revenue. Performs related functions.
- Establishes and implements an integrated strategic process for business development at IAD. Formulates, develops, and implements a business strategy for development of the multiple greenfield sites and other land at IAD.
- Identifies and engages developers and businesses interested in establishing a presence on the greenfield sites and other land at IAD, through researching various resources for potential businesses, creating proposals, and making presentations to potential business partners.
- Creates, forms, and negotiates strategic partnerships with new and established developers, businesses, and project managers, as well as with agencies and representatives of Loudoun County.
- Establishes processes for marketing, competing and awarding business development opportunities on IAD property within the guidelines of Airports Authority’s procurement regulations.
- Represents the Airports Authority at networking and business events. Initiates and maintains strong and productive client relationship management strategies and tactics.
- Maintains a strong presence in the community and participates in networking opportunities to grow Airports Authority’s business. Meets with community leaders and other potential referral sources such as the Chamber of Commerce.
- Prepares or reviews written materials including business justifications. Prepares and presents formal progress/strategic/market briefings and presentations to Airports Authority’s leadership and senior executive staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in strategic business development including:
- successfully developing land and business in the Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maryland and/or District of Columbia; and
- specialized experience in strategic business management (planning, organizing, directing, monitoring and evaluating the business development process).
- Knowledge of strategic business planning, business management, and operational processes to develop a competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of economics, economic analysis, budgeting, economic modeling and forecasting, and the ability to measure the economic risks and benefits of business development.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of data and information, and make recommendations.
- Well-developed ability to speak and write effectively and persuasively, with an emphasis on making presentations and proposals.
- Skill in using a computer and modern office software, an emphasis on spreadsheet software.
- A Master’s Degree in Economic Development, Urban Development, Urban Planning, Real Estate Development, Business Administration, Marketing, or Financial Management, or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Experience successfully developing land and business in Loudoun County, VA.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Development, Real Estate Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Financial Management or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that totals four years.
- A fully equivalent combination of education and training beyond what is needed to satisfy the education requirement may be used to substitute for up to two of the ten years of experience. For example, a Master’s Degree may substitute for two years of experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED
- A state driver’s license in good standing.
NECESSARY SPECIAL FACTORS
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions and dust/dirt when visiting construction or field work sites. Wears personal protective equipment, maintains situational awareness and follows established safety procedures and practices to minimize potential hazards to self.
- Work is typically reviewed in progress and upon completion for accuracy, quality, quantity, timeliness, adherence to guidelines, teamwork, customer service and other factors.