Financial Analyst – Asset Management
Capital Health Group is a private equity firm specializing in making capital investments in independent living, assisted living, and memory care communities. Capital Health Group’s portfolio is currently comprised of 43 senior housing communities located nationally in 13 states.
Capital Health Group employs the following investment strategies in senior housing:
- Acquiring operating communities with opportunities to add value through conversions, expansions, lease up, and/or renovations.
- Ground up developments in infill locations with high incomes and barriers to entry.
- Acquiring or recapitalizing mismanaged underperforming communities.
- Purchasing distressed debt to own real estate.
Job Purpose / Summary:
The Analyst will be a part of the Asset Management team, and will be responsible for assisting in the analysis and due diligence required to perform asset management, acquisitions, refinancings, and dispositions functions.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Create monthly asset management reports for joint venture partners and lenders.
- Revenue and expense variance analysis.
- Assist in the development of business plans, budgets, and reforecasts.
- Communicate and act as a liaison with outside parties, property management, partners, investors, brokers, and lenders.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial reporting as required by partners/lenders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Covenant compliance and occupancy tracking / reporting.
- Prepare, maintain and manage cash flow models for individual properties and/or the portfolio.
- Develop capital budgets with construction and property managers.
- Work with senior management and appraisers on valuations.
- Create, maintain and interpret financial data.
- Assist in the due diligence and underwriting phase of the acquisition process.
- Analysis and support for recapitalizations, debt refinancing, and asset dispositions.
Experience / Education:
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in real estate, finance, and/or accounting.
- Prior senior housing and/or multi-family experience is a plus.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- A graduate degree is a plus.
- High level of attention to detail is required.
- Strong writing, analytic, excel skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.