Menlo Equities is headquartered in Menlo Park, California and is a private, vertically integrated commercial real estate investment company engaged in the acquisition, development and operation of properties in western U.S. technology-driven submarkets including: Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Boulder and Austin.
Since its founding in 1994, Menlo Equities has acquired or developed over 100 properties with a total capitalized value of approximately $5.5 billion. The firm currently has $2.3 billion of assets under management.
Our mission is to be the premier, boutique real estate private equity firm focused on generating best-in-class, risk-adjusted investor returns. Our core investment strategy is to invest only in high-quality office and R&D buildings in the most robust technology-driven markets.
We are currently seeking a Business Development & Investor Relations Analyst / Associate to join our team in the Menlo Park office. The Analyst / Associate will work directly with the firm’s SVP of Business Development & Investor Relations and be involved in all facets of Menlo’s capital raising, marketing and investor relations activities. You can expect this position to be challenging and highly fulfilling in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. This is a progressive position that can offer the right candidate a rewarding future in commercial real estate private equity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain presentations and analysis to support capital raising and marketing efforts and improve quarterly investor reporting
- Manage the firm’s investor contact management database ensuring data integrity and proper protocols are in place
- Work collaboratively with the finance, acquisition and asset management teams to prepare quarterly investor reports for the various Menlo investment vehicles and respond to investor inquiries in a timely fashion
- Develop a web-based investor portal to provide investors with access to fund specific documents and investment reporting / communications
- Design marketing campaigns and events to build awareness of the firm’s investment vehicles / track record and foster new investor relationships
- Assist with the coordination of capital raising and investor meeting logistics
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, accounting or related field
- Recent graduate or up to 5 years of experience in investment management, real estate, consulting, investment banking, or investor relations
- Strong working knowledge of private equity investment structures and investor reporting
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information and financial concepts for senior management and the investor community
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Yardi Investor Management is a plus
- Exceptional detail and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure and effectively prioritize and manage full-time workload
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- “Hands-on” collaborative work ethic with the ability and desire to work both individually and as part of a broader team to achieve common goals – essential for this position