The mission of the Hamilton Zanze Asset Manager is to assume the role of owner and to develop a culture where all people involved with the property think like owners. This is achieved by promoting a people-centric community built on open communication of challenges while encouraging everyone to participate in the identification of opportunities to improve. We act as a hub and listen to residents, property management company employees, HZC employees and investors to define a focused strategy to maximize investment potential. The Asset Manager will recommend the appropriate balance of cash distributions to investors and re-investment into the property with an objective of maximizing the overall return on investment.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Define strategy for property management team to execute.
- Support our property management partners when confronted with challenges.
- Leads regularly scheduled organized interactions with property management team (with primary contacts being Regional Manager, Regional Maintenance Manager & Executive Vice President) via phone calls, email and site visits; orchestrating follow-up as a result of these meetings.
- Set a positive tone towards achieving mutual goals.
- Identify trends and specific issues that require senior property management team focus.
- Monthly balance sheet review - understand cash position of each asset.
- Monthly P&L review and comparison to property management budget, acquisition pro-forma & the greater market regular communication with PM team on successes/failures and questions.
- Reports to Senior Asset Manager and HZC Principals as requested for specific project and deliverables
- Quarterly recommendations for distribution changes.
- Quarterly property journals review and approval
- Interactions with private and institutional investors, including in-person meetings, telephone calls and report delivery.
- Interactions with Lender, insurance company, other third parties on behalf of owner.
- Negotiate service contracts (cable/laundry/etc) on behalf of owner.
- Quarterly property valuations, including preferred return & residual multiple with an awareness of sale comps and market cap rates.
- Attend due diligence at potential new acquisitions in market; provide perspective to acquisitions team on proposed business plan.
- Coordinate with project management team and property management team on the acquisition business plan; recommend shifts when appropriate.
- Recommend opportune time to sell / refi; responsible to ensure P&L trend is maximized prior to sale; identify value add opportunities for new buyers.
- Become local market experts MPF quarterly report review, relationships with brokers & other owners, attendance of local events, review of local newspapers.
- Preparation of annual budget and business plan key piece to coordinate the balance of cash to investors, immediate reinvestment into property and savings for future reinvestment.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and work within defined parameters.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
- Ability to be an independent worker with a team attitude.
- Proficiency with Excel required, knowledge of Yardi and Yieldstar preferred
- Some travel required (up to 25%).
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three year's real estate experience (multifamily experience desired)
*Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records*
For more information or to apply now, you must click on the Apply link below.