The Zar Group is a family owned commercial real estate firm overseeing properties in New York, Florida, and Israel performing our own Asset Management and Acquisitions seeking a real estate controller/ asset manager.
The Sr. Real Estate Controller/Asset Manager is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
- Oversee rent collections and lease compliance
- Lease compliance, negotiation and administration. (Input financial terms; rent, electric, abatements, tenant allowances, operating escalations and real estate tax clauses.)
- Responsible for the daily treasury management and reporting with lending institutions; working directly with lenders).
- Process tenant invoices, verify account coding of A/P invoices; performed bank reconciliations, real estate tax billings and tax certiorari; RPIE’s; generated monthly reports.
- Principal contact with lending institutions for treasury functions including lockbox deposits, wire transfers, letters of credit, and security deposits.
- Prepare annual budgets and analyze budget vs. actual on a monthly basis, explained variances to budget.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Accounting.
- 7-10 years of experience in real estate accounting/asset management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Expert knowledge of leases.
- Ability to prepare and run a year-end review or audit as required by lenders with minimal financial adjustments.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Self-motivated with a hands-on, proactive style
- Ability to operate independently, as well as in a team environment
- High level of integrity