The Zar Group is a family owned commercial real estate firm overseeing properties in New York, Florida, and Israel performing our own Asset Management and Acquisitions seeking a real estate controller/ asset manager.
The Sr. Real Estate Controller/Asset Manager is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and informational reports;
- Negotiate leases with real estate lawyer and brokers.
- Project and analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide upper management. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Oversee the approval and processing of third party account back office.
- Develop, document and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures as needed.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Administer company’s commercial insurance policies and coordinate renewal process.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements; function as liaison with company’s tax accountants for tax return preparation.
- Review and approve all process of account payable
- Provide Financial information for bank / investors as needed
- Oversee Bank reconciliation
- Monthly report to investor and coordinate investor needs
- Discuss with Senior Management on monthly basis Performance of the entity.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Accounting.
- 7-10 years of experience in real estate accounting/asset management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Expert knowledge of leases.
- Ability to prepare and run a year-end review or audit as required by lenders with minimal financial adjustments.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings; prepare agendas, document action items and distribute meeting minutes.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly analytical, resourceful, one who takes initiatives and is confident in one’s work and abilities
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, take ownership of processes, multi-task and thrive in an entrepreneurial setting
- Strong time management skills and ability to operate proactively under demanding deadlines
- Desire to innovate and implement systems to ensure operational efficiency
- Experience working at a small company completing wide-ranging accounting-related tasks from “soup to nuts”
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills as this position requires interacting with our tenants, investment partners
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail with a history of meeting deadlines
- Demonstrable track record of independent thinking, good judgment, and quick decision-making ability
- Self-motivated with a hands-on, proactive style
- Ability to operate independently, as well as in a team environment
- High level of integrity