Berkshire Group's core competency is in the multifamily real estate segment and is widely recognized as a fully integrated multifamily investment management firm. With properties extending throughout the United States, Berkshire Group provides investors with national reach and local market presence and expertise.
Berkshire Group has leveraged the tremendous talent and the deep bench strength of its team to become a fully integrated company capable of acquisitions, value creation, asset rehabilitation, professional property management, and disposition services. The ability to provide all of these core services and effectively utilize entrepreneurial sourcing to maximize efficiency is what sets Berkshire Group apart from its competitors.
We are searching for an Acquisitions Analyst/Associate who is a self starter, assertive, confident, and enthusiastic to be part of our Acquisitions team in our Dallas, TX office. Under the general direction of the VP of Acquisitions, the Acquisitions Analyst/Associate (commensurate with experience) will be tasked with assisting in the underwriting and sourcing efforts of acquisition, development, and debt investment opportunities for Berkshire Group in markets across the Southwest.
The Analyst/Associate will assist the Acquisition’s team in all aspects of sourcing and underwriting acquisition opportunities:
• Underwrite the value of multifamily real estate for acquisitions and development
• Shop comparable properties to determine competitive amenities, rents and sales prices.
• Assist in conducting due diligence on properties targeted for acquisition
• Underwrite and coordinate due diligence process for debt investments
• Develop and apply quantitative models to deals under consideration for acquisition.
• Sales Comp tracking – pull down sales data from various data sources/organize & maintain
• Deal Tracking – Catalogue all acquisition/investment opportunities, download all materials, and maintain/organize them on local network drive.
• Development Pipeline tracking – maintain and keep up to date all development opportunities in key target markets across the Southwest
• Assist in composing written summaries and memorandums regarding potential acquisitions for review by both department and Board of Partners
• 25-50%+ travel required
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor is to limit the Company right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Knowledge and Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years professional work experience is required, ideally in multifamily real estate
• Understanding economic indicators as they relate to valuing multifamily real estate
• Ability to apply historical trends to current conditions to anticipate post-acquisition property performance
• Experience interacting with brokers, lenders, and/or investors in commercial real estate
• Knowledge of key financial concepts and metrics as they relate to the multifamily real estate industry, including capitalization rates, internal rates of return, cash-on-cash returns and others
• Ability to recognize value creation potential and to create analysis resulting in approval of deals by investment committee
• Knowledge of all multifamily product types
• Tenacity, patience and perseverance to take deals from start to finish
Technical/ Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in a related field required
• Excellent computer skills; experience with Microsoft Suite of products, ability to perform excel modeling including ROI, IRR, cash yields, PV calculations and analysis; ability to become proficient with other asset management applications
• Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required
• Strong written and oral communication skills and be highly detailed with strong time management/prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions without specific direction